Kontrol integration only works when USB is direct, not into midi interface?

dsr
dsr Member Posts: 11 Member
edited July 2022 in Komplete Kontrol

Hi there forum,

I'm having an issue with my NI Kontrol controller. Due to the short length of the cable that came included, I need to plug it into my midi interface, which has USB input for such a purpose (iConnect Midi 4+). It shows up and works in Cubase fine, but the integration (seeing things on the controller screen, loading instruments from there, etc.) ONLY works when I have it plugged directly into my laptop. I'm wondering if there's a work-around to this, so that I don't have to purchase a longer USB cable for the keyboard. Thanks for any help!

Comments

• Brad Yost
    Brad Yost Member Posts: 350 Pro
    edited July 2022

Buy a longer cable. Kontrol integration won't work when translated through DIN MIDI, full operability is via USB direct only.

Also, don't attempt to use a USB hub. You won't like the results.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,789 Expert

I use powered USB hub for Maschine, KK S88 and it works OK.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,578 Expert
    edited July 2022

Also, don't attempt to use a USB hub. You won't like the results.

I use a USB hub (powered) with my S series, MCU and Ableton Push, no issues generally either.

I'm wondering if there's a work-around to this, so that I don't have to purchase a longer USB cable for the keyboard. 

Not sure how the USB port on your interface is working but shouldn't be an issue. If it works from the USB on the laptop but not the USB from the interface then i'd try connect direct to the laptop. I run a 5M extension cable to my keyboard since it is on a slide shelf under my desk, no issues, just make sure to get a half decent one and it should be good.