Windows PC desktops we use.... Practical experience, tech data.

2»

Comments

• F1308
    F1308 Member Posts: 81 Helper
    edited July 2022

Cheeses...I almost hit bull's eye with my told-dreamed-silent PC...at 5000€.

You see why I am on a long run...?

I will play 4/4 at tempo 10 on this.

Let's see 14's requirements...

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,789 Expert

Better to use AMD.... Intel does not have good times, last few years. And will not have a year, two more, at least....

12th gen is ******, 13th gen is not going to be much better... And 14th gen possibly will be big.middle.little, even more wrinkles on the heads of SW developers.... So, maybe 15th, or 16th gen might be acceptable... If things go well.

• johnysins
    johnysins Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Got it! Once is enough—I'm a big fan of food myself, you know. I've got quite the appetite and can chow down a good amount. Food just brings out all the happy vibes! :-DDD

• johnysins
    johnysins Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

especially when you cant stay without eating food

when i got puzzle in between i just order food from kfc

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,789 Expert

I have had KFC once... And no more again. But generally, I am not fastfood type of person...

• Triggi
    Triggi Member Posts: 48 Helper

Hi there,

i love to build my audioworkstations. For my usecase - producing prog trance/melodic techno stuff, mixing demos for hobby bands -

it has the following components:

• AMD 5600x ( i can go up to the 5950x if it's necessary)
    • Gigabyte Aorus B550m pro-p
    • 2x8 Gb fast Ram with Samsung B-Die
    • 2 Tb pcie 4.0 M2 WD sn850x
    • Bequiet Dark Rock 4 Pro
    • Bequiet Straight Power 650 Watt 80+ Platinum
    • ugly older than gtx 1060 graphic card
    • medium tower with good airflow + 2 super silent noiseblocker fans @ 600rpm
    • Win10 Pro
    • pcie to fw card

It's tweaked a bit for fast response and stability.

I use an old Mackie Blackbird fw audio interface @ 64 samples without any issues. Still one of the fastest today!

The rtl is about 2,4 - 4 ms ( depends on host).

Had a daw test with 77 tracks. Every track was build with wavefile, fabfilter pro q3, ff pro c, blackhole long reverb and ff L2.

If i would upgrade it with the 16 core 5950x it could work offline without updates! for a long time. Set and forget.

love to all

• Triggi
    Triggi Member Posts: 48 Helper

Oh forgott to say, bought only used components and overall costs at around 600€.