Strummed Acoustic 2 - Playback not working properly.

Diyar
Diyar Member Posts: 13 Member
edited July 2022 in Kontakt

Hello. I’m having a peculiar issue with Strummed Acoustic 2. I’m able to play chords just fine… until I hit the play button. Then, the playback of any chords I put down gets completely messed up. They sound muted or something, but I have no idea why.

Here’s a 20 second video which demonstrates the problem: https://www.veed.io/view/fb15eef1-be5a-4920-956d-cb2d7e5c968e?sharingWidget=true

I just checked with Strummed Acoustic 1, and the same thing is happening. Any ideas as to what’s happening here?

(I’m using Windows 10 and a Novation Launchkey 49.)

Tagged:

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,968 mod
    edited July 2022

Hello,

unfortunately I can't watch the video. But if you just play chords they start immediately, but as soon as you started a song, chords get synced to the project and this way it sounds different. I'm not on my computer right now but you can set it somewhere as far as I remember, will have a look later.

P.S. playback page - manual p. 29

• Diyar

When you say you can't watch the video, do you mean the link is broken?

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,116 Expert

Can't see the video either. It says "This video has been archived. The video is not available to watch at this time".

• Diyar

Well that’s annoying! I guess I’ll stick to YouTube: https://youtube.com/shorts/2k09tAZFwgg?feature=share

Please let me know if this works. This problem is driving me crazy.

• Uwe303

have you checked the playback page as i mentioned earlier?

• Uwe303

sounds absolutely strange, like a gate or something, i tried as i can many options and was not able to reproduce it. Is your kontakt up to date?

• Diyar

I know this topic is half a year old, but I JUST figured out what the problem was: my project file was set to 6/8 time, and Strummed Acoustic apparently doesn't work if your bottom number is anything other than 4 (at least in FL Studio). In other words, I should have set my project to 6/4, not 6/8. As soon as I made this change, the strumming pattern worked perfectly.

I don't know if this is documented anywhere, but it should be!