SupremeEditionMod EDIT

Comments

• Bruce T
    Bruce T Member Posts: 6 Member

Yes indeed, nothing happens with none of the FX slots, not even 1 & 2.

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,735 mod

'Map Settings - D2 Buttons - D2 Deck Buttons': Please select the third option called 'Top FX Assigned Decks'

• Bruce T
    Bruce T Member Posts: 6 Member

🤦🏻

thx, that did the trick.

Is there a way to assign all 4 FX slots to a deck if wanted ?

• Sûlherokhh

It's designed to assign by FX Unit, not by channel (like S4/S5/S8), so no.

• flashero
    flashero Member Posts: 8 Member

Hi @Sûlherokhh how are you, nice edit. I have a question, is it possible to display the bottom track stripe in half, i think this way, could let us see more of the track breakdowns, drop, etc, and also will be bigger.

Best regards

• Sûlherokhh
    edited April 2023

Thanks. I was hoping somebody would like it. 😃

What exactly do you mean with 'half' = 'bigger'? Do you mean width as opposed to height? In that case you should better zoom out the moving wave form.

Everything on screen can be resized, some of it is just changing a single number in the code, some of it pretty complex. And which theme are you using?

• skymakai
    skymakai Member Posts: 19 Member

Do you plan on updating for the current version of Supreme Mod?

• Sûlherokhh

I'm still waiting for a stable version of Traktor as a basis. For a while now.

• Tellmeaboutit123
    Tellmeaboutit123 Member Posts: 493 Guru

Don’t you think 3.9 is stable? I know it’s beta but it seems stable to me. What stability are you looking for?

• Michael Niotakis
    Michael Niotakis Member Posts: 54 Helper
    edited April 2023

I too look forward to the update but know @Sûlherokhh has many many lines of code and is wary of changes in the base code unraveling the hard work. Will everything come undone in 4.0? Who knows

If you follow the SupremeModEdit.qml 5,600+ line file in the root folder you can have a crack. It's documented well enough however you need to adjust for the changes made in the original mod (some fixes may be already there). You'll see the file to change, the line number and in most cases the code you are replacing (in some you'll add additional lines). Use Notepad++ or similar. Maybe WinMerge

Personally I've implemented the D2 Deck button scratch into the latest betas but failed with MixerFX mod in my first attempt. Taking bits and pieces is probably riskier and I do need to find a thread that gave some insight into debugging. I don't have time to go further just atm. I need stability too.

If you get it right, share your update and take the pressure off @Sûlherokhh ;)

Just remember always backup your original files ... & if Traktor starts to fail, abort, go back to original and enjoy the very capable mod this is based off.

• Sûlherokhh

I have some more changes to my EDIT to share before updateing to the lates version of Supreme Editon and Traktor. Although 3.9 Beta 2 already is an improvement, i am wary to update to it, especially since it has changes to the qml code in it (which may change again for the RC). Also i am happy with what works for me at the moment.

So, a couple of questions for you guys.

• What features in the latest Supreme Edition do you care for to have included in the EDIT? (PadFX, right?)
    • Which feature in my EDIT do you value the most? (Just curious)

Thanks for your feedback. 🦋

• Michael Niotakis
    Michael Niotakis Member Posts: 54 Helper

Good questions. I'm happy to work with your timeline and if not its all documented so I can have a crack myself. It might not work everytime :D

1. The rewrite for PadFX made life and experimenting easier using names rather than numbers. Animation was a consideration but currently isn't really a biggie for me. Looking through the changelogs ... at some stage I would like to give Pattern Player a decent run & its obviously nice to see little fixes through its evolution. I'd hoped some of your more basic fixes may be picked up in the base mod.
    2. For me the D2 upgrades now that I have two. The scratching tweaks (both deck and button 6), your MixerFX implementation, BPM/KEY-Overlay & double tapping.

Cheers

• Aleix Jiménez
    Aleix Jiménez Member Posts: 72 Advisor

Hey yes, the idea is to look at all fixes @Sûlherokhh has implemented and merge them to my base mod, as well as other mods/features he has added on top of my work as customizable options, if possible 😊

• Sûlherokhh
    edited April 2023

Thanks guys. 🌾

All i need now is to get my act together, work through my jumbles notes (well-documented they are not) and actually get useful. 😫

Man i soooo hope the next TP3 RC will finally be done well enough to regain my trust in Traktor's development and to have a base to work off of ...

• Tellmeaboutit123
    Tellmeaboutit123 Member Posts: 493 Guru

I hope so too. Keep up the good work. Good news they are hiring a senior programmer as well. I noticed that on another post the job post is out now.