Kontakt Instruments Running In Demo Mode With Full Version Of Kontakt 5

Dai Williams
Dai Williams Member Posts: 2 Member
edited June 2022 in Kontakt

I have been running Kontakt Instruments running in the full version of Kontakt 5 on my Windows 10 PC for several years.

I recently installed a Soundiron Zitherette instrument and since then most (but not all) of my Kontakt instruments have gone into DEMO mode when running in the full version of Kontakt 5 (5.8.1).

I do not use the PLAYER version of Kontakt.

These time out after 15 minutes and I get an ACTIVATE message showing in the Kontakt Player.

This ACTIVATE button just takes me to Native Access.

When in Native Access the instruments are shown under the INSTALLED tab in DEMO mode but I do not get any option to reinstall when I hover the mouse over the DEMO text.

Anyone got any ideas? I assume that this was something to do with the installation of the Soundiron Zitherette but I can't see why this should have happened. How do I stop them being in DEMO mode?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Dai Williams
    Answer ✓

My native instruments library instruments had been loaded from two different accounts which the support team have kindly merged so I can now use them all again as before.

I still have no idea what I did to flip them into DEMO mode in the first place and as they are now all working correctly I don't suppose I'm ever going to find out. If it happens again at least I can reinstall them from my account now.

Very prompt responses to my requests - most impressed. :-)

Answers

• Herlock
    Herlock Member Posts: 4 Member

I have the same problem, but with all Native Instruments products, after wanting to do a reinstallation on an SSD disk. A solution, please?

• Dai Williams
    Answer ✓

My native instruments library instruments had been loaded from two different accounts which the support team have kindly merged so I can now use them all again as before.

I still have no idea what I did to flip them into DEMO mode in the first place and as they are now all working correctly I don't suppose I'm ever going to find out. If it happens again at least I can reinstall them from my account now.

Very prompt responses to my requests - most impressed. :-)