Komplete Audio 1 not waking up

Options
Oliver Busse
Oliver Busse Member Posts: 7 Member
edited June 2022 in Other Software & Hardware

Hi there!

I have a M1 Pro MBP and the Komplete Audio 1 is connected via a USB-C dongle to the machine. When I send the MBP to sleep and wake it up afterwards the interface is not enabled again, it's not waking up. I run power through the hub that also charges the MBP, so I assume the hub has power all the time.

However, when I wake up the computer the interface does not and so my default audio output is not the Komplete Audio 1 anymore but the internal speakers. The only way to reactivate it is to reconnect the cable.

This is really annoying and I ask myself: is this a macOS Monterey issue or a problem the interface has?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Oliver Busse
    Answer ✓
    Options

It looks like I have an issue with the TB port I am using with the dongle and the interface. I didn't see that problem for some days now and I think I have a service case with Apple and not with NI ;-)

Thank you anyway :-)

Answers

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin
    Options

Hey Olivier, welcome to the community!

Please note that Komplete Audio soundcards are not yet officially compatible with M1 processors. This could be the reason of such issue.

Does setting your MBP to 'sleep' means the basic lock screen?

• Oliver Busse
    Options

Hi Nico,

yes, I am aware of the compatibility issues with NI products and Apple Silicon - but it works fine if it's recognised. Assuming that running a USB interface via a Thunderbolt port isn't a problem, I would also assume that it still works after I wake up the machine.

With "sleep" I mean the computer being in stand-by (or power nap as macOS calls it). Ports are still detecting stuff e.g. if I type on the keyboard (which is connected via USB, too) wakes up the machine.

The USB LED on the interface is lit, so I guess it has power and is connected. After a while it seems it shuts down itself because when I have this issue, this status LED is off. Then I have to reconnect it to light up the LED and of course to have the interface available as output again.

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin
    Options

The USB LED on the interface is lit, so I guess it has power and is connected. After a while it seems it shuts down itself because when I have this issue, this status LED is off. Then I have to reconnect it to light up the LED and of course to have the interface available as output again.

It could be the automatic standby of the soundcard then, but it should wake up at the same time as the computer.

• Oliver Busse
    Answer ✓
    Options

It looks like I have an issue with the TB port I am using with the dongle and the interface. I didn't see that problem for some days now and I think I have a service case with Apple and not with NI ;-)

Thank you anyway :-)