The ultimate magic way to get REAKTOR running on MASCHINE+

Options

Comments

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,785 mod
    edited June 2023
    Options

Drag it onto the ensemble while loaded in Komplete Kontrol. Doing that applies the mappings in the preset and you can then save out the rest of the snapshots as presets with that mapping

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,357 Expert
    Options

Thank you very much! I had no idea this was possible!

• Sunken Forest
    Sunken Forest Member Posts: 19 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options

Just updating here with a few more converted ensembles.

Still trying to figure out a good layout for the clone of Ableton Operator, but I'll post that when I have a working version.

Diodes Collection

A distortion unit with a collection of modeled germanium and silicone diodes.

Li'l Killer

Selectable stomp-box style distortion unit with two parameters per model.

Diffuser DLY

Analog style tape delay.

Glitschko

This multi-effect also has stutter effects that can be triggered by entering keyboard mode and hitting pads 1-8 (C3 - G3).

• Sunken Forest
    Options

A few instruments I converted recently.

Drifter

Two oscillator analog-style synth for creating pads.

Operator

Inspired by Operator from Ableton Live. Pretty easy to dial in custom patches with this one!

Random One-Button Synth

This one has one control that creates a random synth sound with each twist.

• tetsuneko
    tetsuneko Member Posts: 610 Guru
    Options

Awesome! I'm in the middle of celebrating Summer solstice, but I'll be sure to return to these after the hangover wears off..

• Kymeia
    Options

Seems to me rather than people posting stuff in this thread which is quickly going to get lost and also I fear runs the risk of annoying people who made those ensembles who posted them in the Reaktor user library. Ideally that should be where mods are shared where credit etc can be acknowledged.

However I recognise that probably the main reason people (including myself) are doing that here is that the user library is not setup to flag and easily locate just ‘Maschine+ Compatible’ ensembles so I suggest to the mods that such a tag be added to the user library (also a ‘NKS Compatible’ one would be great).

• tetsuneko
    tetsuneko Member Posts: 610 Guru
    Options

I don't feel comfortable posting stuff in the RUL which reuses someone else's work. IMHO the RUL is already a giant pile of mess with too many forks of original stuff and "Juno clones", if that makes sense.. That is why I only upload the ens files to these threads.

In order to use RUL as intended, it would need a "Maschine+" tag (will not happen as long as M+ isnt officially under Reaktor support), but more importantly, it should have some way to easily attribute all forks and resources each ens is based on

• Sunken Forest
    Options

It never occurred to me to post these edited ensembles of mine to the RUL, I figured the Maschine section on the forum was the better place for them to be shared, mainly because it goes direct to Maschine+ users. Also because this is where I first heard about custom ensembles which gave me a whole new appreciation for my M+.

To be honest, I find the RUL a little bit of a mess when browsing for ensembles in general, and I haven't built anything worth sharing with the actual Reaktor community, so it seemed appropriate to share here with links to the original ensembles for proper credit. It'll probably get pretty messy if there are multiple threads open with new instruments/fx/requests, which is why I hoped there may be an opportunity for a sticky / sub category to get some kind of repository going.

I don't hold much hope for this to happen, with it not being an officially supported activity, but it seems like a missed opportunity to not have some synergy between Maschine and Reaktor. Isn't that what NI are all about? Synergy between services and all that?

• Kymeia
    edited June 2023
    Options

I get where you are both coming from and as I said myself, I agree the UL is not really setup well to enable Maschine + or NKS compatible ensembles to be easily located and tagged. It really needs to be. Due to that I have also been sharing stuff in this thread. But just wanted to give a friendly warning that I have seen cases where ensemble creators have not taken too kindly people posting mods of their creations anywhere other than the UL, and I can also understand where they are coming from, so just be cautious and keep making clear who and where they come from originally. Also if this thread does become lengthy it will be hard to find stuff and be just as messy - the search engine on this site is terrible tbh - I can't find half the stuff I've posted in the NKS User Library thread even when I know it is there.

• Sunken Forest
    Options

Also, I currently have a pretty sizable folder of ensembles to have a look at converting, providing they can work well with the 8 parameter page layouts and not be too complicated.

I'm happy to continue sharing whatever I convert in whatever thread is deemed "the repository" if that works for now.

• Sunken Forest
    Options

Thanks for the heads up regarding builder credit @Kymeia

I'll bear that in mind moving forward, but so far I have added details of the original authors when tagging in Maschine. I hope this counts for something at least.

• Ruffiano
    Ruffiano Member Posts: 10 Member
    Options

Hey guys,

I'm trying your ensables on my Maschine+ and everything is working great, a part that the effects (like the Stereo Utility 1.0) stop working after something like half an hour (didn't check how long it takes to stop) of using it in a project, and has consequence of it, that pad / group won't emit any sound until I bypass that custom effect (or I load the project again).

Any of you having the same issue?

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,357 Expert
    Options

@Ruffiano AFAIR, ensembles stop working after 30 minutes if Reaktor runs in demo mode. It seems you have an issue with your Reaktor license, which is not uncommon. Contact support, the can help if that is the case.

• HugoClubs
    HugoClubs Member Posts: 56 Member
    Options

Hey, I followed this guide to try and port REAKTOR SPARK to Maschine+ but without any success

Tried multiple times, and was able to see SPARK as an instrument on Instruments/user + all the presets, but when loading a preset there was no sound.

Can anyone tell me that this is not currently possible so I stop wasting my time? 😅

• Kymeia
    Options

Not sure if you can license Spark on Maschine + so that might be the issue. However try Cha-Osc which is basically the same synth, just a slightly earlier version, I made a NKS ready version that may work in Maschine+ (it certainly does in Maschine)

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/reaktor-community/reaktor-user-library/entry/show/15071/