The ultimate magic way to get REAKTOR running on MASCHINE+

Options

Comments

• Sunken Forest
    Sunken Forest Member Posts: 19 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options

As a follow on from my previous experiment, I really didn't have much luck creating even just a plain init ensemble after trying to embed the macros in multiple snapshots. Every time I saved another version the parameters were changed to p0.000000, and I've been scratching my head as to why this sort of corruption occurred after the 1st attempt.

So I gave up on this one, and decided to try converting the multiband version of L3V3LL3R while creating separate saved files and folders for each of the stages, to see where the parameters were resetting themselves. I then saved all of these ordered folders to a thumb drive inserted into the M+, so I could add each individual folder to the library and test the ensembles separately without confusion as to which one was open. Here is the gist of what happened to me.

The original ensemble saved as a copy, after sorting the IDs and creating the macros layout worked straight away, albeit with redundant parameters still present after the newly defined macros.

The ensemble saved after the stage where you import the Maschine preset worked perfectly, with all parameters and pages intact. Great success, I know have a 3-band compressor for M+!

... but I wanted to rename both the snapshot and ensemble from the version names I had used. So I duplicated the ensemble and renamed it, this appeared to break the mapping and reset all the parameters.

I then tried to save another ensemble with a new default snapshot name embedded in it from the original Maschine preset, and this also lost its parameters.

Every attempt after this yielded the same results, where every parameter becoming p0.000000. The first two working ens versions can still be loaded in the same slot after the corrupted ens, so at least it's not an issue with M+ Reaktor resetting itself again.

Could anyone else shed any light on why this may have happened? I've tried looking for information on this and haven't really found an answer on why macros end up this way, hence why I wish there was a place to store results of any testing in a more organised fashion to save future headaches.

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,357 Expert
    Options

@Sunken Forest suggested:

Is there any possible way we could get this thread either stickied, or create an offshoot channel (like the autosampler sub) to build some kind of repository of knowledge for this sort of niche Reaktor building?

Sounds like a reasonable idea to me.

@D-One what do you think: Any chance for something like this? A dedicated sub-forum could be useful and encompass the already existing threads.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    Options

Someone the other day suggested the same for Traktor Mappings, a dedicated subforum (or sticky / tag) while it is indeed a reasonable request I am not sure about engagement from the M+ userbase nor if this thread is more eligible for a sticky than other ones, there's pretty much only 3 people commenting here. One of the main goals of the new forum was to avoid cluttering with a bunch of sub-forums.

People seemed excited about the autosampler but 1 whole year after the sub-forum opened there are only 9 threads there, it's existence isn't justified IMO, I have a feeling it would be the same for Reaktor stuff but next meeting I can bring this up with the team and see what they say, I think I'd vote for a shutdown of the Auto Sampler subforum in favor of giving it a try with Reaktor stuff.. No harm in trying I guess. We have meetings last Friday of each month. (Matt is currently on leave, I don't remember when he will be back but it's next month i think, i saying this because I don't know if this kind of thing needs his approval or not.)

• Sunken Forest
    Options

I completely understand, it's most definitely a bit of a fringe topic, and I struggle to see the average expansion user really caring too much about this particular area of M+ as it is, especially given how complicated the processes can be to get ensembles from the user library working.

It just seems that most people here are interested in Push 3, or making feature requests that will never materialise... I mean, Push 3 has M4L integration that people are already utilising, releasing devices that expand the capabilities of the standalone platform (such as the mappable LFO), and meanwhile I'm here with my newly acquired Reaktor 6 wondering how I can improve what I already have.

I recall the initial threads regarding this on the previous forum having a fair amount of traction, until the forum was shut down, the information archived, and the majority of users abandoning the platform and pursuit. I'm really just looking to try to consolidate any information and interest into one place, to avoid it getting so drowned out by users asking for the same old requests. We could have the opportunity to give this platform a bit more to give in the standalone game, and even action feature requests ourselves with custom ensembles that anyone can use if they wish.

I guess I'm just trying to see the positives in what we have, instead of pining over what we don't... But I genuinely look forward to hearing any developments that may occur in this space.

• Onophone
    Onophone Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

Regarding the P0.00000 issues which I have had many times, it took me a while to realize that any ensemble put in a sub-folder placed inside the /User Content/Reaktor folder would cause the issue in M+. Sorry if this is an obvious one. Moving the same ensemble directly into the Reaktor folder solved the problem me. However I still get the issue at times while I now always place the Ensembles directly in the Reaktor folder, and I have to re-do the IDs sorting process, etc. to fix it, not always knowing what makes a difference in the end...

I'm strangely not very used to using forums on a regular base but I'm definitely interested in trying to exchange knowledge on the Reaktor & Maschine+ integration. As much as I struggle making things work, that was my main reason to get Maschine+ and I am far from being disappointed so far.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    edited June 2023
    Options

TBH, I don't know why the Maschine community is so unreceptive to actual solutions to solve problems that come from other users, sort of lazy for lack of a better term. KK has an absurd amount of engagement on the NKS thread for example, I just don't see that happening here, maybe most users still around are the kind that are content with expansions.

It just seems that most people here are interested in Push 3, or making feature requests that will never materialise... I mean, Push 3 has M4L integration that people are already utilising, releasing devices that expand the capabilities of the standalone platform (such as the mappable LFO), and meanwhile I'm here with my newly acquired Reaktor 6 wondering how I can improve what I already have.

I recall the initial threads regarding this on the previous forum having a fair amount of traction, until the forum was shut down, the information archived, and the majority of users abandoning the platform and pursuit. I'm really just looking to try to consolidate any information and interest into one place, to avoid it getting so drowned out by users asking for the same old requests. We could have the opportunity to give this platform a bit more to give in the standalone game, and even action feature requests ourselves with custom ensembles that anyone can use if they wish.

I guess I'm just trying to see the positives in what we have, instead of pining over what we don't... But I genuinely look forward to hearing any developments that may occur in this space.

I wouldn't go that far, every time a similar device is released it becomes the main topic of conversation, same went with AKAI Force for example, I think that's kind of normal.. M+ got a lot of hype like Force or Push but then without significant improvements there's nothing to talk about anymore and the hype dies down, the same happens with the other devices too.

Then we are left with Requests, 90% from new users, unaware that whatever they request has already been requested 1 million times, an innocence if you will that tends to die after a few years then a new wave of customers comes and the cycle repeats; it's is pretty much unstoppable.

Yeah, I totally get you, and also feel like this place really needs some positivity. I'll try my best to consider and offer possible solutions for the reaktor idea.

• Sunken Forest
    Options

Here is an M+ ready version of a multiband compressor by Dan Worrall for anyone that wants to try it out!

I've had an absolute nightmare getting this one to map correctly, as it turns out that any modification after the initial ensemble save will break the mapping and the parameters lose their values (P0.000000 etc for every control)... I tried copying the file and renaming it to L3V3LL3R-X3_V1 - M+ (to keep things consistent with my naming) and this broke it immediately. Not sure if it's due to funky characters in the file name, or if there is some reference in the ensemble to the original name... either way, colour me confused.

• Sunken Forest
    Options

Thanks Onophone, I'll give this a try with some of my corrupted ensembles to see if it makes them work again.

I haven't been using the user content on the SD card to store any of these ensembles thus far, as I have a USB drive that has references to folders in the Maschine+ custom folder settings. I've had it working this way pretty consistently (at least with the working ensembles), but I will still try to put some in the regular folder on the SD card as additional testing. For now, I will keep reporting back here with any further findings.

• tetsuneko
    tetsuneko Member Posts: 610 Guru
    edited June 2023
    Options

Thanks for the ens, I'll give it a try! Do you mind if I add a copy of it to my "Maschine+ optimized R6 ensembles from the community" thread?

I keep reading people having problems creating ensembles for Maschine+ and it always puzzles me.. as it's basically quite a simple process. I think I've outlined the whole process in that thread as well, plus there's a blog post and several videos on youtube describing it. What more is needed really, other than actually doing it a few times just to get the hang of it? Sure enough, snapshot issues are a pain tho, but the issues have (admittedly tedious) workarounds

Regarding a sticky or a subforum, please, by all means! I'm all about using Reaktor stuff on Maschine+ standalone. Heck, I'm all about spreading awareness and enthusiasm about creating custom content for Maschine+ in any shape or form, custom patches for FM8/Massive, Kontakt, the whole works.. But not sure how NI feels about encouraging the creation of custom content, since their business model is all about selling expansions to these products..

I think the Autosampler subforum is a ghost town because users dont feel like sharing their autosampled patches..? One reason I can think of why that might be is that sampled instruments might be highly niche/specific, and it is unclear how valuable they might be to other people.. As an example, I sampled a 500MB rompler piano patch the other day, and I just dont see many people having a use for it, the only reason it is so big is none of the samples loop, and every key of the piano is individually sampled, in order to eliminate sample pitch interpolation artefacts completely from the patch.. but it only has 1 velocity layer.. see what I mean?

Regarding Push 3, people just have GAS, from what I have read, the platform is still undercooked, it will take more time for the platform to mature, just like M+ did

• Sunken Forest
    edited June 2023
    Options

Of course, and thank you so much for your effort in compiling so many useful ensembles into one place! I have been using quite a few of them for a little while now, and this idea of building for gaps in the system has become my major interest in the M+ platform these days. Maybe that thread would be better served as a "sticky" for others to see a little more regularly? I'm not sure if a lot of users realise that these ensembles work for everyone, not just those with a full Reaktor license.

The NI business model is primarily one of the reasons I suggested a Discord server. I can't help but feel that this sort of modification is largely being swept away from the public eye pretty regularly... It seems a shame that all this effort could be plunged into obscurity in a similar fashion to the countless threads spread over the old forum.

Personally, I have a lot more thoughts/questions around this topic and would love a centralised place to discuss other topics related to it with like-minded users in the long-term.

• ozon
    Options

@tetsuneko proposed:

add a copy of it to my "Maschine+ optimized R6 ensembles from the community" thread?

Why are you not uploading them back to the Reaktor User Library?

@Sunken Forest wondered:

I'm not sure if a lot of users realise that these ensembles work for everyone, not just those with a full Reaktor license.

Are you sure? I remember to having a different experience when there was an issue with my full Reaktor license (which had to be resolved by the support team).

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,785 mod
    Options

If you create a mapping you like in Maschine or Komplete Kontrol any .nrkt presets you save using Komplete Kontrol /Maschine (not Reaktor) will retain that mapping. So you could go through all the snapshots you like and save them as .nrkt presets - they will be found in User Content/Reaktor under each ensembles name and once saved will also show in the KK/Mas browser.

The other thing you can do is if you need to apply this mapping to some new snapshots (say you came across some in the user lib) they will of course not have the mapping you want, but if you drag just one of your saved presets with that mapping it will apply it again to the ensemble and from there you can locate the new snapshots you want to save out as presets - rinse and repeat :)

• Sunken Forest
    Options

I'm not sure how to quote a selected line from your post, but just in reference to the licensing.

I only recently bought a full Reaktor license during the current sale, and prior to that all the M+ ready ensembles I have downloaded have worked for me out of the box... I was also able to edit a few myself within the Reaktor trial period (I think it was 30 minutes by memory) and I bought the full Reaktor so I didn't have to deal with mapping on a strict time-frame, as well as learning to build my own ensembles in primary.

• Sunken Forest
    Options

It seemed the ensemble corruption I was dealing with may have been due to including a '+' in the filename... I checked the other ensembles that I had renamed with "M+" in the filename (including the Filterbank and Air Reverb I posted earlier) and both of them didn't work on M+. My apologies to anyone that may have downloaded them to try out.

I renamed them and they started working again, and also the parameter mappings came back into effect.

• ozon
    Options

@Kymeia explained:

if you drag just one of your saved presets with that mapping it will apply it again to the ensemble

Please explain: Drag the preset (nrkt file) from where to where?