S61 - is there a way to turn off or dim the key bed guide lights?

Jakub Szewczulak
Jakub Szewczulak Member Posts: 3 Member
edited January 2022 in Komplete Kontrol

I have just purchased S61 and was surprised by the brightness of guide LEDs. It is quite fatiguing after a while of playing and I don't really see any option to turn it off or at least dim it.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,578 Expert
    Answer ✓

Yeah, you would think there would be a way but alas, no.

This has been requested for YEARS tho since the MK1 version DID have the option to switch them off.

Answers

• JesterMgee
    Answer ✓

Yeah, you would think there would be a way but alas, no.

This has been requested for YEARS tho since the MK1 version DID have the option to switch them off.

• Jakub Szewczulak

Thanks for confirming, looks like some strategic/business decision on NI end; unfortunately a deal breaker for me, returning my S61 today. Bummer, because otherwise it is a pretty decent product.

• Simchris
    Simchris Member Posts: 239 Advisor

It is design feature intended for using kontakt to show keyswitches and such, but it would be nice to turn off if needed.if not using kontakt, you likely would find of little value. Kinda nice in dim room, though.

• jacqui brookes
    jacqui brookes Member Posts: 40 Member

I stuck a thin black strip of draft excluder accross mine.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,789 Expert

Maybe, it is possible to turn it off pernemently. Just cut off wires, or so.

I do not mind it, but it wouldn't hurt if it would be possible to turn it off by switch or setup in program.

• jacqui brookes
    jacqui brookes Member Posts: 40 Member
    edited May 2023

Thin layer of black tape.

• Jakub Szewczulak

Whatever happened to forum moderation.... Cutting wires, tape - while I can always unsubscribe, this stuff is not helping community of users.

• JesterMgee

Ha, yeah prob not going to find mods working the weekends especially keen enough to jump on a comment within an hour of posting, not that it needs moderation really. It is technically an option for those game to open their keyboard, tho anyone that way inclined would likely just do it and those that are not really skilled to do something like this would probably recognise that it's not something they should attempt.

I think it was more a comment that's the kind of extreme thing one would have to do to have it off perminantly because it is clear NI will (likely) never add an option back in to switch it off.

• Brad Yost
    Brad Yost Member Posts: 350 Pro

Which is just one of the many reasons that I've never been tempted to "upgrade" to a MK2. And the full CE still works on the MK1.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,789 Expert

I think it was more a comment that's the kind of extreme thing one would have to do to have it off perminantly because it is clear NI will (likely) never add an option back in to switch it off.

Yes, it was sort of joke. But if one dislikes and does not need lightguide.... Why not disconnect the lights? Most probably one will not have to cut anything, disconnecting proper plug might do the trick. But I do not know for sure....

Black tape seems to be first to go solution. For those who dislike light guide. I personaly find it very usable.