Why does Kontakt/Battery Automatically Loop one-shots on import?

Richard Vetro
Richard Vetro Member Posts: 18 Member

This has been a re-occurring issue over the last 10 years.

I will import a folder with up to 128 ONE-SHOT samples into kontakt.

Kontakt will make a decision to turn on "Sample Loop" from the wave Editor.

I'm not talking 1 or 2 samples….. more like 60% to 100%. every import.

When I import the sample group in to Falcon, Halion, Groove agent 5 or Ableton Sampler there is no issues.

There is some metadata that is triggering the "sample loop" to activate or the software is broken.

This also occurs in NI Battery.. The same one-shots will automatically trigger the software to loop the audio.

Does anyone have a fix for this???

Can we bypass the wave editor with a script?

Answers

• stephen24
    stephen24 Member Posts: 385 Pro

Wav files can contain loop information, but I would think it unlikely that there would be a need for metadata to say specifically "this file must be played normally without looping" i.e. one-shot. Did you click to highlight the 1 in the wave editor in your first picture?

(Here, on Kontakt 5) when you load a simple wav sample into the Mapping Editor it will just play through, i.e. one-shot. If however you click on one of the numbers in the wave editor (default Sample Loop mode) it will set up a loop. You can formally change this to one shot and then batch change all the other samples, or just switch it off with the adjacent on-off switch, and don't click any more numbers.

• Richard Vetro
    Richard Vetro Member Posts: 18 Member

Thanks for you help Stephan, it is greatly appreciated.

I'm pretty versed on using the wave editor.

The loop can be manually turned off by pressing the yellow numbered button.

The issue is that when I import samples, they will import in loop mode, not one shot mode.

Its' just not very efficient to manually turn off 128 loops for every instrument I'm making.

I was able to find out that specific sample packs are more more common then others for triggering the loop mode on import. If I import samples from my AKAI sample packs. They will 100% all be automatically looped in Kontakt when imported.

Anything from Splice, will never be looped in Kontakt on import.

The same for Loopmasters or Sample Magic sample packs.

So…. I believe there has to be something specific about the wav files and how they are rendered.

I hope this helps to explain better.