Kontakt Single View Follows Track Selection?

Green_paper
Green_paper Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Hi all,

I've been trying to streamline my workflow in Kontakt 7.6 and have recently taken a liking to using single view in my workflow in Presonus Studio One Pro.

I usually have multiple instruments loaded on a single instance of Kontakt (E.g. the different string sections of Cinematic Studio Strings).

However, I've realized that when I select a track for a different string section in Studio One(S1), Kontakt does not reflect the relevant instrument whilst in single view.

To illustrate what happens and what I'm looking for, here's an example:

i: I load up a track preset in S1e for CSS, which brings up all the tracks I've saved in S1 and an instance of Kontakt with all the different sections routed to separate outputs. Each track in S1 corresponds to the relevant midi channel in the Kontakt instance.

ii: I then change my view to single view and select the V1 track in Studio one. Kontakt correctly shows CSS 1st Violins.

iii: When I select the C(cellos) track in S1, Kontakt still shows CSS 1st violins.

I would like it to automatically display the cellos for CSS when I select the cellos track in S1 instead of having to cycle through each instrument in Kontakt every time with the arrow keys.

Is it possible for Kontakt to be able to do this? Also, am I asking the right question? Would this happen to be more of a S1 thing than a Kontakt thing?

I've tried looking this up in the manual, diving into the settings and fiddling around with Kontakt and my online searches on the web unfortunately didn't yield any answers, hence my post.

Tagged: