Kontakt 8 upgrade causing long save times and Maschine crashes when saving

Electromusicproject
Electromusicproject Member Posts: 24 Member

On Mac M2, Ventura, any Maschine project opened since K8 upgrade, that uses instances of Kontakt, such as play series instruments, intermittently crashes Maschine on project save. Also, the save times on a small project vary from a few seconds to 5 minutes, with the spinning wheel… as an experiment, I cleaned out all caches, reinstalled Maschine and Kontakt, uninstalling all the prefs files first. Then, I saved each group in one of my projects currently broken by the upgrade. Made a new project with these groups, to rule out the project file being corrupted. I then made projects that don’t use Kontakt.
thenonly random test I did that seemed to have any effect, was saving snapshots of every Kontakt instrument in the project, as I hoped if Kontakt 8 ‘owned’ the previously Kontakt 7 patches, they might save. It seemed to work… but then it didn’t. Save times fluctuating on the same project. I moved projects then to internal drive, Apfs drive and another drive. Checked permissions on these drives were read and write for all, and checked full disk access.

Have done support ticket. Just inquiring if anyone else has K8 upgrade issues specifically to do with saving projects. Have not tried opening older logic projects that use Kontakt yet……

Comments

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 11,830 mod
    edited 3:02PM

Hey Dave, what's your operating system? There were reports of users experiencing longer saving times for projects containing Kontakt 8 tracks, but only on on Windows. Is it with the very last update from yesterday? 8.1.0? Or was it with 8.0.1? If it's the latter, we'd recommend to update to 8.1.0. There are a lot of bug fixes in there.