Sticker drift

D33p7
D33p7 Member Posts: 25 Member

Is it possible to scratch with vinyl mk2 +needle in traktor 3 pro without having the 'sticker drift' consequence? (I don't have phase"

Or can only serato do this with the 'sticker lock' option?

Can traktor run dvs in 'anti sticker drift' mode like serato does?

I have Z2 connected via usb3 to a windows 10x64 i7-16gb laptop daw

Comments

• Owner
    Owner Member Posts: 512 Guru

I never had any problems with needles and DVS in Traktor Pro 3.x

Are you affected by this? Then the problem might be with the latency setting or something like that.

If I don't mind, this function in Serato simply reduces the wow and flutter. This doesn't necessarily prevent sticker drift when scratching or beat juggling, but rather helps to improve the drift over longer mixes and keep the tempo stable.

• D33p7

You mean you insert a sticker at the beginning of a sample, at the 12 o'clock position, then start scratching and after 20 seconds the sticker is in the same position as at the beginning of the sample at 12 o'clock?

• D33p7
    edited October 20

Serato "sticker lock" function its made to prevent sticker drift when you scratching or make beat juggling...

• Owner
    Owner Member Posts: 512 Guru
    edited October 20

Yes, exactly, that's what I mean. So far, no problems with TP3 and DVS.

At first I thought that you were having problems with scratching because your cue point was moving (as is the case with Phase and Traktor, for example). But you would like to know if there is a setting in Traktor that imitates the sticker lock from Serato one-to-one, right? Such a feature is not available in Traktor Pro.

Did you give a thumbs down here? I just wanted to help with your question… Maybe I just didn't understand you correctly. What I first thought of was Anti-Drift not Sticker-Lock.

• D33p7

Send a video of your "non sticker drift" scratching...

So the problem is only mine?

So I need assistance from native instruments because there is something in my traktor 3pro or z2 mixer that is not working as it should?

Yet my computer I use traktor with is z2 together works very well for audio, very low latencies, cubase 10 works great with my usb3 sound card, very good cpu and ram performance...

Isn't sticker drift a problem with all dvs systems? And also of traktor?

Check out this video:

https://youtu.be/8wHZIJzdNDU

• D33p7

What's your native instruments usb asio latency settings, can you send me a photo?

• Scratch-E Con
    Scratch-E Con Member Posts: 102 Advisor

I have never experienced any drift with Traktor DVS with both my Z2 or RANE Seventy when using needles.

• D33p7
    edited October 21

Ok thanks, so I have a technical problem with my traktor, but I don't know which is the problem...

Traktor 3 pro original updated

Usb cable original Z2 n.i.

Notebook audio performances check with latencymon, perfect!

• Scratch-E Con
    Scratch-E Con Member Posts: 102 Advisor
    edited October 21

These are my figures on a Windows 10 core I7 with 16GB memory. Are you using MK2 control vinyl?

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 3,395 Expert

Are you using relative and absolute mode? Does it make a difference?

• D33p7
    edited October 21

Switch to the [RELATIVE] mode by pressing the "SHIFT" and "PLAY/PAUSE" buttons. Switch to the [ABSOLUTE] mode by pressing the "SHIFT" and "CUE" buttons.

I will try it...

• lord-carlos

There are also buttons for it in the UI, next the the green play button.

• D33p7
    edited October 21

I've discovered that 'sticker drift' only occurs when scratching in reverse mode, i.e. with turntables spinning counterclockwise and phono rca outputs reversed (left to right, white rca to red mixer input) reversed....

I've been practising scratching with my left hand with the turntable spinning backwards, the problem is that I can't send the traktor tracks backwards, the REV button doesn't stay on permanently but only momentarily, so to send the loaded audio track backwards I've inverted the phono rca connections in the Z2 mixer..

I need to find out how to get the audio track loaded on traktor to play backwards in continuously and consistently mode (no momentary) so I can connect the rca connectors normally (red to red and white to white).

• lord-carlos

I don't understand what you are trying to do, but is there not a simpler way?