MDL - Ultimate Heavy Drums CPU issue (In Cubase, Studio One, and Logic)

Tooms
Tooms Member Posts: 5 Newcomer

Having an issue within Kontakt with the MDL Tones 'Ultimate Heavy Drums' library. As the track plays, with out any effects, and JUST the MDL library, the CPU begins to sky rocket and max out within seconds. I've tried every buffer size, multi core, and everything else I could find online. Completely at a loss. Have the same issue within multiple DAWs too, Logic Pro X, Studio One (6 and 7), and Cubase. Using Kontakt 7, or 8. Same issue. But it doesn't seem to be a problem in the standalone Kontakt.

iMac, 32g Ram, 8 Core, i7 processor.

Answers

• Tooms

Update, it is indeed also an issue within standalone Kontakt

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 11,830 mod

Is this library installed on an external hard drive? What is the format of that drive? On Mac it should be APFS, as explained here: Notes on Hard Drive Formats on Mac Computers

If your drive is formatted to ExFat then this is the source of the problem.

• Tooms

it is directly on the iMac internal SSD

• Jeremy_NI

What's the operating system? Do Kontakt and all other DAWs have full disk access? How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

Do you experience similar issues with any other Kontakt library?

What are your audio settings?

• Tooms

MacOS - Sonoma 14.6.1

Just added full disk access, will see if that changes anything.

No other Kontakt library gives me any issues. I use other high quality libraries like GGD, same voice count/samples/etc in multi stacks going crazy with no issue. This library by itself is skyrocketing cpu for some reason.

Audio settings - happy to answer, but specifically which settings? Daw? kontakt? Computer in general?

appreciate you helping as well!

• Tooms

full disk access did not change the issue.

• Jeremy_NI

@Tooms If it's the only library that's causing this issue, you might want to get in touch with the manufacturer, maybe they have already dealt with such cases and have more information.

By audio settings I mostly meant the sample frequency, sometimes users experience performance issues on some libraries at really high sample rates like 96 Khz or 192Khz.