Seamless updating ? (Auto-Migration of Kontakt in DAW Projects)

mrazz
mrazz Member Posts: 2 Member
edited October 1 in Kontakt

I have been asking since version 6 to consider making new updates to Kontakt seamlessly replace previous versions like most other software I use. For those of us with large instrument templates, switching from any previous Kontakt version to the latest requires hour and hours and manually saving multis, manually replacing the Kontakt plugin, manually reloading the saved multi, and then saving new patches over old ones. I literally am replacing hundreds of Kontakt 7 instances with Kontakt 8. And I just did this a little more than a year ago when switching from 6 to 7. Why can't this happen?

Best Answer

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 4,163 mod
    edited October 1 Answer ✓

Question : Which DAW can seamlessly swap out a Kontakt 7 instance with a Kontakt 8 instance without losing your settings or automation?

Answer : Quote Matthew_NI , September 25 :
    The migration method is available for any VST host to implement, as part of the VST SDKs offered by Steinberg. I know at least Cubase and Nuendo make use of it.

So , if your DAW can not do this then it is because that the maker of the DAW has not implemented it.

Also , reference : Notes about Auto-Migration of Kontakt Versions in DAW Projects
    Quote : IMPORTANT: Auto-migration only works with the latest versions of Cubase 12 (and higher), Nuendo 12 (and higher), Logic Pro 10.8 (and higher) and Maschine 2.16.0 (and higher). Do not try to perform the auto-migration on other DAWs! And do not perform auto-migration if you are still working on your project!
    Kontakt 7 has introduced a so-called "auto-migration" of plug-in versions in supporting DAWs. The same feature is available for Kontakt 8

Answers

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 4,163 mod
    edited October 1 Answer ✓

Question : Which DAW can seamlessly swap out a Kontakt 7 instance with a Kontakt 8 instance without losing your settings or automation?

Answer : Quote Matthew_NI , September 25 :
    The migration method is available for any VST host to implement, as part of the VST SDKs offered by Steinberg. I know at least Cubase and Nuendo make use of it.

So , if your DAW can not do this then it is because that the maker of the DAW has not implemented it.

Also , reference : Notes about Auto-Migration of Kontakt Versions in DAW Projects
    Quote : IMPORTANT: Auto-migration only works with the latest versions of Cubase 12 (and higher), Nuendo 12 (and higher), Logic Pro 10.8 (and higher) and Maschine 2.16.0 (and higher). Do not try to perform the auto-migration on other DAWs! And do not perform auto-migration if you are still working on your project!
    Kontakt 7 has introduced a so-called "auto-migration" of plug-in versions in supporting DAWs. The same feature is available for Kontakt 8