Sync between Kontrol kbd and KK software not bi-directional

kurtvs
kurtvs Member Posts: 22 Member

I am looking for a solution for keeping the keyboard display and KK software in sync.
I own 3rd party instruments that are NKS ready. (e.g. Arturia synths)
Each of those can have favorites saved in them, which can be recalled in standalone or plugin mode in a daw.
When I default load them in KK, either through the keyboard browser or the software browser,
the list of instruments that is paged with next-prev is the complete list of the instrument.

So far so good, but when I try to load one of my favorites of that instrument like this:

The keyboard doesn't follow and doesn't seem to be even aware of what instrument preset is loaded in the software.
And even if you use no favorites, but only default next-prev buttons on the kbd, it does not follow the default instruments ordered list of presets.
Going to the 'next preset here actually resulted in going back two steps.
Other next prev actions also do not follow the order of the instrument's list.

Can this be fixed or what is wrong here?

Comments

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 4,628 mod

What is wrong is you’re using the Arturia browser favourites not Komplete Kontrol favourites. Komplete Kontrol only knows about the presets in its browser, which are NKS presets, it can’t be expected to know about what is internal to the plugin using its own preset management

• kurtvs
    kurtvs Member Posts: 22 Member

Hello Kymeia,
    ok I can live with that,
    but when I use the "set favorite" option in the kontrol browser,
    it does not take the instrument's settings (changes I made to e.g. a filter) with it.
    How can that be achieved then?

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 4,628 mod

Well the favourite function is not a save function. Save the patch as a user patch and favourite that then