How to record XY controller automation using tablet, trackpad, or something else ?

jepmus
jepmus Member Posts: 2 Member
edited January 2022 in Kontakt

Hello,

I'm looking for an easy way to control (perform) and automate XY parameters present in so many Kontakt modules (ie, Thrill, Mysteria, Straylight, etc). I have an old Apple Magic Trackpad, an early iPad Air. As DAW software, I generally use Pro Tools or Logic Pro on a trashcan MacPro or a 2019 MacBook Pro.

I'm not a programmer, but I've looked at apps such as TouchOSC, and Lemur. As I've attempted to see how I might use these types of apps to control XY data, I must admit that I've been a little intimidated. I've downloaded the AudioSwift demo, but have had some problems with the app and DAW software on the same machine.

Is there an easy, inexpensive hardware or software solution ?

Perhaps someone has designed a TouchOsc (Lemur, or some other app ?) template along with easy to follow setup instructions to perform this task ?

Thanks for your help,

jep

Tagged:

Best Answer

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,023 mod
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓

You only need to set up TouchOSC to set one CC per axis on XY pad (match the CC values on the settings page in i.e. Thrill).

Answers

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,023 mod
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓

You only need to set up TouchOSC to set one CC per axis on XY pad (match the CC values on the settings page in i.e. Thrill).

• jepmus
    jepmus Member Posts: 2 Member

Thanks for your help ... I'll try to dive in to TouchOsc !