Load Stems/load normal track

DJ-Andre
DJ-Andre Member Posts: 100 Advisor

Hi,

I have some Stems tracks but I do not always want to use the Stems ability. When I load the file,using my controller, Traktor automatically loads the Stems version. The only way to work around this is to use the mouse (or mousepad) and drag the track in one of the decks. I'm aware of the dragging/shift+dragging option in settings.

The double load functionality doesn't work (official Pioneer DDJ-SZ mapping). Is this a bug or because it's an old mapping (2014) which isn't being updated anymore?

I'm on Windows 11 and Traktor Pro 4.0.2.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 2,423 mod
    Answer ✓

The feature to differentiate between short-click and double-click to load is only implemented on the S2Mk3, S3, S4Mk3 and X1Mk3. All older NI devices as well as non-NI controllers don't have it out of the box.

Answers

• DJ Bobby Tables
    DJ Bobby Tables Member Posts: 20 Member

The double load doesn't seem to work on my S4Mk2 either.

• DJ-Andre

Good to know it's most likely not related to the mapping. Thank you for your reply.

• Sûlherokhh
    Answer ✓

The feature to differentiate between short-click and double-click to load is only implemented on the S2Mk3, S3, S4Mk3 and X1Mk3. All older NI devices as well as non-NI controllers don't have it out of the box.

• Sûlherokhh

Go to Preferences → Loading. There is a setting which type of the track will be loaded by default. Factory settings is to load the Stem version by default, so you will have to change it. This was introduced with TP4.0.0+

• DJ-Andre

Clear to me. I'm aware of the preferences setting as described in the first question but wasn't aware this is defined within the mapping of the used controller.

Thank you 😊