Traktor kontrol s4 randomly stops outputting audio - temp resolved by power off/on

djVinny
djVinny Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

This is a strange one - i can't find any reports of something similar, but please direct me if it's a known issue.

the problem is only related to output audio where the output suddently stops yet the decks continue to play and I all lights continue to function showing live input and supposedly output audio.

Even the headphones go silent when it happens and I can't monitor anything even though I can see something is playing.

Initially I suspected it could be a thermal switch overheating, but the problem immediatly goes away if I power the s4 off and on again. A thermal switch takes time to cool down so I would expect to wait for a while before it would work again, but it returns to fullfunctionality instantly.

Other than not hearing the main output it doesn't affect the playing decks or recording - when i listen back there are no breaks in what's been recorded, it's just the live output that's affected.

When i power off the s4 audio output transfers to the mac speakers and when I power it back on it happily takes ownership from the mac and i hear audio from the main output again.

It's happening more and more frequently so lookds like it's toast??

i'm running the latest traktor pro 4 software on a mac running Montery 12.6, but i only recently upgraded and it was previoulsy happening with traktor pro 3

i checked the s4 has the latest 0.6.0 firmware

anyone had a similar problem? know of a solution?

Cheers,
Vince.

Answers

• D2Lover
    D2Lover Member Posts: 51 Advisor

I had a simiar experience on Saturday night while playing out and once before about 6 weeks ago. I'll post a more detail account later this evening when i return home.