Ask Kontakt 8 creators anything

Comments

• trusampler
    trusampler Member Posts: 93 Helper
    edited September 24

Hey thank you for this question!

If I understand you correctly you are already able to do this in Leap. Just drag a sample onto any slot, adjust your start stop points and settings and then CMD/CTRL click on the sample slot of the Leap UI keyboard and hit duplicate in the appearing dropdown menu. This will copy over the sample including its settings to the next free slot on the right. I did create some fun jungle break kits with that quite quickly.

If you want to zoom in and out, you need to use the smaller waveform stripe on top of the big waveform - it works like a horizontal zoombar in video editing software. You can either drag in the handles from the left or right to adjust the window of the waveform, or just click on it and drag your mouse up or down. Moving the mouse left/right will move the zoom window and double clicking anywhere resets the zoom level.

Awesome Eric thanks so much for the reply!

Thanks again!

• JKN
    JKN Member Posts: 12 Member

Any chance you can make sure Kontakt 8 is backwards compatible with all instruments? Not long ago, upgrading to a version of K7 completely eliminated access to entire libraries and it was extremely difficult to recreate the tracks in K7 (given that the upgrades didn't play the instruments in exactly the same way). Or, instead, is it possible to have a feature in Native Access that gives a warning that upgrading to K8 will cause compatibility issues with specific instruments that are already installed? I think this would be safer than having to rely on checking release notes. Thanks for your consideration.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 4,620 mod

Or, instead, is it possible to have a feature in Native Access that gives a warning that upgrading to K8 will cause compatibility issues with specific instruments that are already installed?

Yes it would be nice if NA was smarter about updates.

• Rotomot
    Rotomot Member Posts: 43 Helper
    edited September 24

Are you still going to release some Kontakt 7 updates?
    Is this Kontakt 8 change:
    "IMPROVED Instantiation time with a lot of content products and 3rd party plugins installed"
    going to be included also in some future Kontakt 7 update?

• trusampler
    trusampler Member Posts: 93 Helper

Does NI plan on allowing the Komplete Kontrol MK3 88 offer a way to edit LEAP settings with the controller / knobs ( start / end points )

I would consider buying the MK3 if we could edit our samples from the controller :)

• Ilay_NI
    Ilay_NI Product Team Posts: 5 mod
    edited September 24

Hi @Shed Maa, thanks for the question! While 360 Essentials doesn’t come with the full version of Kontakt 8, here’s the good part: you still get the Chords and Phrases Tools & Leap + 2 Leap Expansions with the Kontakt 8 Player version.

Additionally, 360 Essentials is packed with even more Leap Expansions! 😉 Check out the full comparison here:

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/18398574650397-Which-Products-Are-Included-with-NI-360-Essentials-Plus-Pro#h_01HXGXJXDK3PTJHWZ7REE3WCSX

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 3,242 mod

Don't base anything on me being confused, my area of expertise on the NI world is Maschine, I'm a Kontakt noob… I just load presets play notes and twist some knobs. I'd say try the Player Version to see for yourself if you might like it.

• Konstantin_NI
    Konstantin_NI Product Team Posts: 4 mod

Hey @Denis89, thanks for bringing this up! I completely understand the issue, and we’re already working on a solution.

• PeterB49
    PeterB49 Member Posts: 24 Member
    edited September 24

I tryed Kontakt 8 Player in Maschine and wonder if it is possible in the next future to customise makro via learn by rotating for example a leap performence fx parameter?

Also via Kontakt Automation it´s not working right now.

• Zigzic
    Zigzic Member Posts: 5 Member

Importation Kontakt 8 - Who can help me?

• Francesco_NI
    Francesco_NI Product Team Posts: 8 mod

Hi @serenato, I hope you’ll be happy to hear that in Kontakt 8 we’ve added a new feature called Tools, designed to simplify the music creation process and offer an easy way to kickstart your ideas. Chords and Phrases are the first two we prepared for this release, which let you easily apply chord progressions and use ready-made melodic phrases across your libraries. You’ll find them under Tools in the browser, with pre-combined patches featuring the new PianoUno and instruments from the factory library (make sure it’s installed). You can also swap instruments in those or build from scratch. Since you named Splice, check out the new loop framework named Leap which is also coming out with Kontakt 8! Looking forward to your feedback!

• ScottyBready
    ScottyBready Member Posts: 28 Member
    edited September 24

After loading Kontakt 8 Player I DID have to rescan with the KK software or many things wouldn't load. But after the scan all was well!

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 4,620 mod
    edited September 24

Dismiss the error message, for me the library I wanted to import still imported, possibly the error message is the bug, not the import itself

• Francesco_NI

Hi @grova , I hear you on that! Speaking of scales/midi features, in Kontakt 8 we’ve added a new tech called Tools, designed to simplify/speedup the music creation process but especially aims to offer an easy way to kickstart your ideas. Chords and Phrases are the first two we prepared for this release, which let you easily apply chord progressions and use ready-made melodic phrases across your libraries. You’ll find them under Tools in the browser, with pre-combined patches featuring the new PianoUno and instruments from the factory library (make sure it’s installed). You can also swap instruments in those or build from scratch, here is the part in our "what's new in Kontakt 8 video" which might give you an idea about those.

• Francesco_NI

Hi @pfung , thanks for your comment! This is definitely an exciting possibility and we are looking into workflow improvement opportunities! As I have posted in other comments we've added to Kontakt 8 those new tools which includes a chord and a phrase player, you can connect those to any Kontakt library you have! (you can check this video to know more about those). We definitely want to explore possibilities to create a stronger connection between the midi tool and the connected instruments, the voicing one you brought is a great example!

This discussion has been closed.