Importing playlists into TP4 from previous version

livfe
livfe Member Posts: 20 Member

I was using Traktor 3.5.3 and have moved onto Traktor 4.0.2. Upon starting TP4 it imports all the settings etc and my collection is there, but my playlists are empty. I have tried creating them anew but when closing TP4 it says "saving collection', I then reopen TP4 and the collection is there but all the playlists are again completely empty. In Traktor 3.5.3 the playlists always saved automatically and never had this issue. Any suggestions welcome as I have searched around for resolutions but to no avail. I am using a 2015 MBP 15".

Answers

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 3,195 Expert

Try deleting it moving your ~/Documents/native instruments/traktor 4xx folder. Then start tp4. That should start the import from tp3 again.

• livfe

I have tried deleting the TP4 files to start fresh. I have tried deleting the TP3 files also. No matter what I have tried TP4 will not save my playlists. It only has managed to import all the playlist 'folders' but no tracks are present.

• livfe

I have created a couple of new playlists, dragged and dropped some tracks into each, collection saved and closed Traktor. Opened Tracktor and the playlists remain empty with no tracks, where as before they would have been saved and still there. ?

• D'lectronique
    D'lectronique Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

I have the same problem - I have a gig this weekend and I'm unsure what to do…

i do recall last update i had a similar problem (3.5.x to 3.9.x)

• Heisenberg
    Heisenberg Member Posts: 259 Pro

I would say that this is a case for support and a ticket should be opened for this bug.

• livfe

I really have tried everything except installing the OS new etc….. I guess a ticket is needed for this ?

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 3,195 Expert

You guys don't use any cloud saving programs? Like dropbox or datasaver or iCloud?

Those are known to cause issues with saving the collection.

Another questions, if you start a fresh collection with just the default tracks, can you create a playlist with the default tracks and will that save?

• livfe

I am not using any cloud services, It don't have any default tracks anymore that I have noticed as I deleted them in the previous version. ….

• Maarten.Provo
    Maarten.Provo Member Posts: 4 Member

Did you manage to solve this?

• livfe

Still not solved.

• Maarten.Provo

I noticed a different structure within my Traktor root directory when comparing to the backup. I now have folders called Backup, Coverart, Crashlogs, History, Logs, Settings, Stripes and Transients directly in the root directory, not in a version sub-directory.

So I deleted everything inside my root directory except the folders named 3.11.1 and 4.0.0. Next I copied the content of the 4.0.0-folder into the root directory. And this worked, I can access my playlists, History …

• Maarten.Provo

I may have found a fix. After running Traktor 4.0.2 I noticed a different folder structure within Traktor's root directory.

It creates a 4.0.2 directory, but instead of creating the folders Backup, Coverart, Crashlogs, History, Logs, Settings, Stripes and Transients inside of the 4.0.2-directory it creates these folders inside the root directory.

What worked for me

1. Rename the Traktor root directory (anything works it's really just a backup)
    2. Recreate the Traktor root directory by creating a folder with the name of your root directory
    3. Go back to your backed up root directory and copy everything inside of the directory of the latest working traktor version (4.0.0 in my case).
    4. Paste this directly inside your new root directory, not inside a version subfolder.

This worked for me.

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 2,423 mod

You can also re-set your root path in Traktor's Preferences menu instead.

I routinely have all of my new versions point to my 3.11.1 folder (right after starting without connecting to old collection) so i can avoid lengthy copy processes. After doing that i close and re-open Traktor and have my old collection on my plate. This may work for you as well.

• livfe

OK I will try this, I just started TP4 again and it wants to re-scan everything 12k tracks so it needs some hours I guess. I have 2 folders inside the documents NI TP 3.5.3 and 4.02. Root directory is set under 4.0.2. default. I still have 2 versions of Traktor installed, each versions root under their version name. I am going to let this 4.0.2. scan everything and then update with your solution ;)

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 2,423 mod

If you are going to reset the root folder inside Traktor, there is no need to rescan.