Mixer for layers in Kontakt

gaetan_Bouchard
gaetan_Bouchard Member Posts: 5 Newcomer
edited 9:25AM in Komplete Kontrol

Is there a way to mix (volume and pan) layered instruments in Kontakt using Komplete Control S88 Mk3. Something that would be like the Daw mixer but that you would apply on the different instruments/libraries stacked in Kontakt ?

Best Answer

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 4,628 mod
    edited August 18 Answer ✓

It is already possible to MIDI learn the volume and pan in each layer and you can now also save that as a template in the keyboard. I can see though it would be useful to have a mixer view automatically created when multiple instruments are in the rack. Like an overview in Kontrol of all instruments.

Answers

• Kymeia

There is such a mixer in Kontakt itself

•  gaetan_Bouchard
  • Kymeia

Assuming you will also have each instrument on its own channel I guess maybe you could create a MIDI template with the mixer controls mapped?

•  gaetan_Bouchard

No. Sorry. Layered as "on top of one another", all on the same channel, played simultaneously. I don't understand why this very simple thing can't be done remotely. You need the do it in Kontakt on each instrument. A very simple mixer layer mix could do the trick so easily. The software can control each track in a daw but can't control layers in a Kontakt instrument. It seems to me like something that was not considered and could be added very easily.

• Kymeia
    edited August 18 Answer ✓

It is already possible to MIDI learn the volume and pan in each layer and you can now also save that as a template in the keyboard. I can see though it would be useful to have a mixer view automatically created when multiple instruments are in the rack. Like an overview in Kontrol of all instruments.

This discussion has been closed.