Delay when adding Ozone 10

Rob Ainscough
Rob Ainscough Member Posts: 61 Member
edited 9:25AM in Komplete Kontrol

Using my A49 Keyboard

Komplete Kontrol 3.3.2

Ethereal Earth - 1000 Hisses +

Ozone 10 - Forward Energy

Delay from keyboard key press and audio but ONLY when I have Ozone 10 enabled. If I disable and just use Ethereal Earth with key press then no noticeable latency/delay.

Hardware is:

AMD 7950X CPU

AMD 7900XTX GPU

64GB RAM EXPO DDR5 6000

Thoughts?

Rob

Best Answer

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,829 mod
    Answer ✓

Hello,

that´s normal, ozone is a mastering tool and contains, or can contain, a whole chain of tools, each introducing latency and in series it adds up. I would not recommend using it while tracking, maybe just use an bus comp, ozone dynamics if you want also works with the analog dynamics preset. make your song/sounds sound as great as they can without mastering tools. Mastering is the cherry on the cake at the end if you will.

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,829 mod
    Answer ✓

Hello,

that´s normal, ozone is a mastering tool and contains, or can contain, a whole chain of tools, each introducing latency and in series it adds up. I would not recommend using it while tracking, maybe just use an bus comp, ozone dynamics if you want also works with the analog dynamics preset. make your song/sounds sound as great as they can without mastering tools. Mastering is the cherry on the cake at the end if you will.

• Rob Ainscough
    Rob Ainscough Member Posts: 61 Member

Fair enough … thanks for the response.

Rob.

This discussion has been closed.