Still Can't Load Retro Machines Demo

The Adam Smasher
The Adam Smasher Member Posts: 52 Member
edited 10:55AM in Komplete Kontrol

Hello Native Instrumites

I work at installing the Retro Machine Demo off and on again. I get fed up and move on, come back. work on it, get fed up and the circle continues.

I have over the months downloaded the trial version several times. I now have multiple copies of it sitting in my native instruments directory: C:\Users\Public\Documents

The Retro Machines disk image file is in the Native Instruments AND Retro Machines folders. I have rebooted opened my studio one, scanned for new plugins, then opened a new track. I have tried things even outside of the norm to load this thing. I've loaded Kontact and Komplete Kontrol and neither one of these can find Masschines. It's right in the directories but can't be seen. I have since moved it around to a bunch of directories and between the swearing and hair pulling still can't get it to work.

In the Kontact 7 standalone I see the icon that takes you to the webstore but that's the closest I've gotten.

I don't use Kontrol that much so maybe I'm missing something. I need a real concise step by step approach because I've gotten so turned around on this I've ground to a halt.

Kontact 6 and 7

Kontrol 3.3.2

Studio One 6

win 10

Best Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,829 mod
    edited August 14 Answer ✓

Ok them you mount this .iso file (double click, or right click/mount) them navigate to the mounted iso file and start the exe file on windows on mac it's another file I don't know. Or does the iso file not mount?

• The Adam Smasher
    Answer ✓

Bingo!

That did it. It unzipped and I was able to load it after that. I had never heard of mounting a file or the file type and there's no mention that it needs to be done on the native instruments page.

Gold star for uwe!

Answers

• Uwe303

Hello,

normally you install it via native access, so I wonder how you can have several iso images at different folders. Normally that iso file is stored in the download folder (set under native access settings) then it gets mounted and the installation starts from that mounted disk. Or maybe I misunderstand you.

• The Adam Smasher

Not the demo.

You are given a download link through email, thus you can download the disk images multiple times.

• Uwe303
    edited August 14 Answer ✓

Ok them you mount this .iso file (double click, or right click/mount) them navigate to the mounted iso file and start the exe file on windows on mac it's another file I don't know. Or does the iso file not mount?

• The Adam Smasher
    Answer ✓

Bingo!

That did it. It unzipped and I was able to load it after that. I had never heard of mounting a file or the file type and there's no mention that it needs to be done on the native instruments page.

Gold star for uwe!

• Uwe303

You are welcome - hope you have fun now and making some nice tunes or whatever 😎

This discussion has been closed.