Traktor Pro 3 Software Not Transferrable?

achien8
achien8 Member Posts: 1 Member

Hi everyone,

I just bought Traktor S4 MK3 and it comes with Traktor Pro 3.

I already have Traktor Pro 3 installed (separate licence) with a Traktor S2 MK2 which I JUST sold.

When I transfer the license, it only allows me to transfer the hardware, not the software. The buyer has already imported the license and says its all good to go on their end.

Does this mean I just stick with my original Traktor Pro 3 license (with the s2)? It seems to still be working...

Thank you

Best Answer

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,555 admin
    edited June 2022 Answer βœ“

Hi @achien8 when you sell a hardware + software bundle like S2 and TP3, you only need to transfer the hardware. When a new user registers a hardware license, they'll get a software supplement automatically.

While the TP3 software supplement of your S2 remains valid in your account, you should always register your new hardware (in this case the S4) and get the TP3 license that comes with it. This is because if you need to change or format a computer in the future, you'll lose access to the previous license. It's in your interest to always have an active (correct) license on your Native Access.

Hope this answers your question. πŸ™‚

Answers

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,555 admin
    edited June 2022 Answer βœ“

Hi @achien8 when you sell a hardware + software bundle like S2 and TP3, you only need to transfer the hardware. When a new user registers a hardware license, they'll get a software supplement automatically.

While the TP3 software supplement of your S2 remains valid in your account, you should always register your new hardware (in this case the S4) and get the TP3 license that comes with it. This is because if you need to change or format a computer in the future, you'll lose access to the previous license. It's in your interest to always have an active (correct) license on your Native Access.

Hope this answers your question. πŸ™‚