Mikro MKII and Polyplex

Options
Nyxsin
Nyxsin Member Posts: 15 Member

Hey superfriends!

I was wondering if it is possible, when using Maschine daw, or Maschine within another daw... (A maschine within a maschine??? hmm.. lol)

But for reals now.

Is it possible either within Maschine 2 daw, or vst, when using Polyplex on a channel, for the pads on my Mikro MKII to light up in reference to the Polyplex note colors? (Rather than all of the pads being one color, related to the channel color.)

I hope that makes sense,

as always, Danke! Tschuss!

Best Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,095 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello,

that is not possible as far as I know.

• Uwe303
    Answer ✓
    Options

Yes absolutely, you can now use maschine autosampler function do do it for you. It was introduced in the last update and is an amazing feature, you may look it up in the manual or just try it. I found no video that quick

• Uwe303
    Answer ✓
    Options

you can do it in the software, no matter what maschine hardware model you own

Answers

• Uwe303
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello,

that is not possible as far as I know.

• Nyxsin
    Options

That's what I was thinking.

Perhaps I'll shape my percussion sounds with Polyplex then export them then use each on its own channel.

• Nyxsin
    Options

I haven't poked around too much yet, is it possible to export sound from Polyplex?

• Uwe303
    Answer ✓
    Options

Yes absolutely, you can now use maschine autosampler function do do it for you. It was introduced in the last update and is an amazing feature, you may look it up in the manual or just try it. I found no video that quick

• Nyxsin
    Options

I have seen autosampler, sadly I am a lowly Maschine Mikro mk2 owner. One day in a dream I'll have a full Maschine.

• Uwe303
    Answer ✓
    Options

you can do it in the software, no matter what maschine hardware model you own

• Nyxsin
    Options

@Uwe303

I did find another workaround that is not quite as clunky as using the sampler.

(the sampler is great, but it is obviously not quite as intuitive using a Mikro, compared to a Maschine 3 or +)

This workaround is a tad bit more ram intensive because it involves opening multiple instances of polyplex, but just save the kit you make in polyplex, and make X instances where X is the number of pieces you want to use in the set 1-8, then assign each instance it's own channel, then set the root note of each channel to the note you want to use in Polyplex. You can then set each channels color according to the polyplex channel it relates to.

I wonder if Maschine and Maschine + auto color the pads when using Polyplex?

Komplete Kontrol keyboards do.