Huge Issue with Traktor 4 Crashing When Loading Tracks with Disabled BPM (0.00 BPM)

djcoryminto
djcoryminto Member Posts: 40 Member
edited October 22 in Traktor Software & Hardware

In Traktor 4, I gathered together my DJ mixes, classical works, sound effects, sirens, vocal samples (anything that either doesn't have a tempo, or has changing tempos), and manually zeroed out the BPM by UNCHECKING the BPM checkbox in the edit window. Maybe 750 entries. Since doing that, most of THOSE SONGS (not the rest of the library) cause Traktor to crash when loading them into any deck. The track never makes it up there and i get the spinny icon that Traktor is working, nothing happens, and I have to force quit Traktor.

In prior versions of Traktor (2, 3) I was able to zero out the BPMs for these non-griddable tracks without issue, and I would enable analysis lock, and be done. In Traktor 4, doing so causes a crash almost every time.

I tried this on MP3s, FLACs, ALACs, all without any difference. It seems to be the process of zeroing out the BPM causing this, regardless of file type.

It's worth asking - what ARE you supposed to do with the analysis/gridding for DJ mixes, sound effects, classical works (assuming you don't want them gridded), etc.? Don't answer flexible beat-grid, because for my fiels in question, i DON'T WANT them gridded. I know what you may say - why not just analyze them and "who cares" what the BPM is. Well, true mostly, but 1: it would be a wrong BPM, and 2: what if I have the SYNC button on and I load a sound effect and it pulls the pitch high or low, when I just wanted it to play at 0?

Please advise, thx.

Best Answer

• Martiniix_NI
    Martiniix_NI Customer Care Posts: 299 mod
    Answer ✓

Interesting, Im gonna create a Ticket problem. Please check your email.

Answers

This discussion has been closed.