S88 mk2 random freezes in Logic

System
System Posts: 42 admin
edited 12:01PM in Komplete Kontrol
This discussion was created from comments split from: Issue with S88 MK3 with Logic when using alongside another Mackie Control Surface..

Comments

• Electromusicproject
    Electromusicproject Member Posts: 24 Member

Cant remember what article from NI I read that says not to use with another mackie controller.

Ive got s88 mk 2, not 3, and in logic on M2 mac, ventura, i get random freezes of automatable parameters when using s88 to input automation. No problem if I delete the mackie device.
    also the 4d encoder decided yesterday to input midi note on off data. Then stopped on deleting the mackie device.
    pressing stop twice on the mackie (RTZ) causes complete lack of functionality in the s88 transport.
    Suggesting NOT to use another control surface- never seen that before. But yeah, cant do it without various random glitches.
    the device which installs itself as a mackie in logic is behringer xtouch one. Not a posh one I know, but never any issues before KK

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 11,830 mod

@Electromusicproject I've created this post since the original thread where you posted was specifically mentioning a mk3 keyboard, which in this regard is completely different.

So, if no other device is connected, everything is working as it should? It only happens if the other controller is connected?

When do you say that "the device which installs itself" can you explain how this happens exactly?

Did you set any other parameters regarding this controller or any other MIDI or remote related parameters?

• Electromusicproject
    Electromusicproject Member Posts: 24 Member

thanks for posting Jeremy.
    when I connect the behringer xtouch one, it is detected by logic and appears as a mcu mackie control surface.
    when I turn on s88 mk2, it asks me if want to connect, i click yes, then the two are set up. I dont need to do anything again and dont customise anything.
    they are just present as control surfaces.
    s88 perfect by itself.
    xtouch similarly.

But then, if I do just certain things. Like RTZ by pressing stop twice on the xtouch, that makes the s88 malfunction with automation lags (macros in kontakt instruments jumping/glitching and transport broken. Oh, and 4d encoder inputs midi notes when pressing left and right.
    If i disconnect the xtouch, the s88 is fine.
    ive not worked out what else causes the conflict- something does, and ive not tracked it yet. and my workaround is periodically unplugging the xtough and not using return to zero.

Ive tried deleting and reinstalling both.

Mac M2, ventura, everything up to date.

I can do more tests for you of course.

This discussion has been closed.