NKS User Library

Options

Comments

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,292 Expert
    Options

I’m sorry, but I never questioned the right of JesterMgee to sell his hard work, nor supposed the right to get something for free (and also never asked in the beginning for a peculiar thing for free).

I just read a post of a user that said by his own decision that he was working on creating NKS files for Omnisphere. And I answered him “Free Omnisphere NKS will be more than appreciated”.

I just thought that showing appreciation for another of those “unsung heroes” was a good thing to do, as I often put a like to the others contributing to this fantastic side of the community in this thread.

I didn’t think it was something wrong to do. Probably I was wrong

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,742 mod
    Options

No I don’t think you were wrong to do that and that’s why others here also offered support and thanks too. But I also don’t think it is wrong to express support for Jester and also show how much we appreciate his work. This is one of the many situations in life where there is more than one ‘right’ answer and I’m fine with that.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,292 Expert
    Options

@Kymeia I always appreciate your answers, the way you say things and very often also the content of them. Therefore, after saying that I hope the things I wrote will not be seen as something against people asking a rightful reward for their work but something to show appreciation to the people even doing it for free (and saying once more how they build a good community), I will just shut up from now

• Vagus
    Vagus Member Posts: 410 Guru
    Options

Lots of convesation here.

I absolutely think NKS is useful, especially for blind or vision impaired users. I thnk both this community and Jester's work can go hand in hand, and I hope that continues.

About half of my user library are things I've bought from @JesterMgee and while I'm happy to contribute, as others are, his work is excellent. That shouldn't stop anyone adding their own versions of things he sells. However, I would recommend anyone checking out the Freelance Sound Labs website.

Personally, I've only once not added something to the library, because Jester was doing it, and that was HALion, because it was a MASSIVE ballache - Jester created his own scripts and tools to make that more bareable, but even still, I chose not to add my FMLab amongst others, because I thought the work Jester does is better, and because of that, I purchased his Absolute Collection from him directly.

It took me a huge amount of time to do Equator 2, but it was worth it, and I had some help from @Kymeia and feedback others in the community. BT Phobos would not have been possible without @Christos Adamos.

Ultimately, if you feel like you want to contribute to the community, you should do so, in my opinion. And if you simply want excellent quality work, so it saves you an immense amount of time, go buy things from Freelance Sound Labs.

• Kymeia
    Options

Thanks I bought this recently myself but haven't got round to exploring it yet

• Kymeia
    Options

The category just comes up as 'Other' for me - I have attached a fixed categories.json

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,360 mod
    Options

Oups...

"FileType" : "Instrument" instead of "Instruments" 😋

Thanks for finding this one, i might looked at it for an hour and insisted that there was no error (especially before morning coffee)! 🤣

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,600 Expert
    Options

Now Available: IK Multimedia SampleTron 2

IK Multimedia SampleTron 2 now available. Full control over all 3 track controls however there are these macro controls:

These master Attack/Release controls are GUI macro controls and sem to link direct to the track attack/release controls but do not offer host automation so cannot be controlled from NKS. However, the individual layer controls are available.

• Kymeia
    edited August 2023
    Options

I've updated the AAS Multiphonics CV-2 NKS to include the 2.1 waveshaping update - all synth and fx patches with previews:

Download from the NKS User Library/Current/AAS folder

• Home Studio
    Home Studio Member Posts: 56 Member
    Options

Yessssss :

• Kaldosh
    Kaldosh Member Posts: 334 Advisor
    Options

I did I think when I forwarded all my nks folder on the old forum back in the days when I started Messi ng around. I am a big fan of Cataract but as a side note I am version 1 owner and still wonder why they call this one 2 when it seems to only be a graphical update . Also strangely there is no upgrade path for version 1 owners . Now I took the habit to credit myself in the nks edit note files but it is a bit pointless as it can easily be modified and I’ve never really been too cocky about this 😉

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,360 mod
    edited August 2023
    Options

So, it is you who did the old image resources! Great work, i usually made also the resources by my self, but on some cases the older work is so good, that worth keeping. I can tag you in the comments if you wish, and re-upload the archive.

About version 1 i don't know, i didn't had it, but it supposed that version 2 is not just a graphic update, but many more. And it seems that there is an upgrade path for version 1 users! But it is visible on Plugin Boutique only. ;-)

Cataract 2.0 is a Segment Multiplexer for Electronic Music Production and Experimental Sound Design

Important Note: This is the full version of Cataract. An upgrade for users that already own Cataract Version 1 is also available.

• Matthew Whitaker
    Matthew Whitaker Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Hello everyone. This is Matthew Whitaker. Hope all is well. Hope this is going to the right place, if not, let me know. I'm using Voiceover on my Mac computer.

I'm wondering if anyone have done NKS Presets for the V Horn series by Acoustic Samples. If not, could we make that happen? I've always wanted to use their products. 😎

Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,600 Expert
    Options

I contacted them about NKS, they were rather rude after ignoring my first 2 emails, Had others say they have also had poor service from them too so I wont be bothering with them. Their instruments are pretty costly compared to similar offerings out there (IMO) especially since they just use UVI Workstation/Falcon and I've only been asked 2 times in 10 years for them according to my records so all adds up to just not worth it for me to look further anyway, maybe someone else wants to spend their time on it.

• Kymeia
    edited August 2023
    Options

I don't have any of them either I'm afraid - tend to prefer physically modelled instruments to samples and they are also too expensive

To be honest considering the fact that they appear to have been a bit 'prickly' when approached for NFRs to make NKS from in the past, I think your best bet would be to approach them yourself as a paying customer and explain how it is important from a musical and accessibility standpoint. Maybe if enough customers put pressure on them they will get with the programme.