Guitar Rig & Pro audio is corrupt

GMONEY
GMONEY Member Posts: 10 Newcomer
edited October 22 in Guitar Rig & FX

I've been using Rig 7 with a focusrite 18I8 without problems for about 2-3 months and now all I get is a distorted signal. tried uninstalling and reinstalling and update my drivers and I am at a loss. I could use some help in trouble shooting this. Please!

Best Answer

• GMONEY
    Answer ✓

So I was going to work on the problem and turned everything on plug in my guitar and now it is working like new! cup pegging @19 to 75 %!!!!

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,839 mod

Hello,

so you´ve connected your guitar on input 1 or 2 on the focusrite, the input is set to inst., if you dial the volume down on your guitar do you see any signal in gr, and the meters on top go not total into the red? You could also try direct monitoring with the focusrite, maybe the guitar the cable or the focusrite has a problem. I really don´t think that gr produces such sound by itself.

• GMONEY

I am running windows 10 with an I7 gr5 and gr6 doesn't have any issues. When I activate gr7 pro the cpu monitor goes to 92% and up without using my guitar, no signal. When I play it overloads. I have reinstalled all my drivers but nothing has changed.

• Uwe303

Ok wow that's strange, I can later check the CPU load on my computer and compare gr6 vs gr7. You could meanwhile try to increase the buffer size in the asio control panel. And lower the resolution if you use more than 48 kHz.

• GMONEY

I've gone down to 44 and maxed the buffer and still the same. Never had this happen before.

• Uwe303

Maybe a stupid question but you set the asio driver in the audio settings?

• GMONEY

yes I did. Also did windows update and no difference.

• GMONEY
    Answer ✓

So I was going to work on the problem and turned everything on plug in my guitar and now it is working like new! cup pegging @19 to 75 %!!!!

• Uwe303

Good that it's working now for you, but the CPU load is still very high. Do you use lots of containers in one preset and within those many FX and stuff?

• GMONEY

currently using the presets with minor tweaks to tone down the FX

This discussion has been closed.