KONTAKT 7 - Won't open (GUI)

Tilens
Tilens Member Posts: 4 Newcomer
edited 3:47PM in Kontakt

Hi there!

So a couple of days ago i was having problem with opening NA, as many of you had the same problem. That was fixed in the other thread with Installing > C++ package https://aka.ms/vs/17/release/vc_redist.x64.exe and then reinstalling > NA. It was all fine for a day or two.

But now suddenly , Kontakt 7 won't open. The only thing i did in between this time was updating NA and installing some new libraries. So, when you start the standalone program it just loads forever. The same goes if you open it in Cubase, it loads forever and if you click somewhere in Cubase, Cubase crashes. I also noticed that if i open any projects where i used Kontakt 7, Kontakt 7 does play the sounds from library but as soon as i open GUI, it all freezes. Same goes for Komplete Kontrol, It just won't open. But NA works normally. I tried reinstalling Kontakt 7 and it did not help.

I use NI on a daily basis as a professional producer, so this is putting me on a complete hold, which is devastating. Any help would be really appreciated.

My system:

PC i7 - WIN10 (x64) - 16gb RAM - Cubase Pro 13 - Komplete 14 Collector's Edition

Tagged:

Comments

• Tilens
    Tilens Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

Update:

After clicking on Kontakt 7 instance in Cubase 13 and waiting 10-15 min, it unfreezes and GUI opens up. Looks like very slow lagy opening. But if i touch (click) anything Cubase crashes. Does anybody have any clue? Thanx!

This discussion has been closed.