Confirming Noise from the Noire Piano

DDmUSA
DDmUSA Member Posts: 33 Member
edited 1:51PM in Kontakt

I am recording the Noire Pure and Noire Felt pianos from Kontakt 7 into a 96 kHz session in the latest version of Pro Tools Studio 2024.6 running on a Windows 11 Pro 23H2 machine. I am noticing some noise on playback of the piano, as if there is a slight resonating buzz from the notes at middle C and leftward. My audio interface is a Thunderbolt Apollo x8p from Universal Audio.

I tried various MIDI velocities and sent the MIDI to a bus to become audio, and every audio conversion seems to have noise. I also moved the color knob all the way to the left for soft.

Also, I put a 7-band EQ on the audio track of the recorded piano and tried filtering various amounts of low frequency, from 20 to 200 Hz, 20 to 250 Hz to as much as 20 to 400 Hz.

I'd like to get a recorded piano without any buzz or noise using the timbre I think I should be hearing when the low frequencies are filtered from 20 to 250 Hz.

Can anyone explain the cause/source of this noise/buzz?

Tagged:

Comments

• DDmUSA

I started a new 96 kHz session in Pro Tools, added a stereo instrument track with Noire Pure, performed a few chords, sent this performance to an audio track via a bus, and the resulting audio did not seem to have the noise or buzz I was getting in a (typical) complex session. So…. I will have to investigate further to determine the cause of the noise related to the piano.

• DDmUSA

Another scenario to report:
    I created yet another session and imported the piano track from the session that had the so-called noise, and I am not hearing the noise, so I suspect the more complex session has something to do with corrupting the playback engine.

There have been times when I would restart the Pro Tools application and hold the letter "N" on the keyboard during the application startup to re-initialize the playback engine. Holding the letter "N" during application startup causes a selection box to appear to choose an audio device for playback which essentially re-initializes things since I am not using this selection process to actually switch to a different make and model of audio interface.

This discussion has been closed.