Kontakt 7 and Mac M2

Lowtech
Lowtech Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
edited 9:23AM in Kontakt

I was using the free Kontakt 7 player for the past few days, all working well so decided to buy the full version and it keeps crashing. I've tried the fixes I've found online but nothing is working. I feel like I've completely wasted my money as now I can't even roll back to the free player and use the packs I bought.

Has anyone managed to fix this, or has NI given a timescale on the problem being fixed? Their docs state it is compatible but clearly it isnt at the present time.

thanks

Answers

• Michi_NI
    Michi_NI Member Posts: 8 Member

Hello,

have you checked if Kontakt 7 has full disc access as described here:

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/4415601248657-How-to-Enable-Full-Disk-Access-on-macOS

Also, I would give it a try to reset the database as explained here:

Reinitialize the Kontakt Database

1. Hold down the alt key on your computer's keyboard and click Go in the Finder menu bar. Choose the appearing Library entry in the drop-down menu.
    2. Navigate to Application Support > Native Instruments.
    3. Delete the following folder:
      Kontakt 7: "Kontakt 7"
    4. Start Kontakt as a standalone application (not in your DAW). If Kontakt still crashes, proceed with the next chapter.

Now, try to start Kontakt 7 in Standalone Mode.

• Lowtech

Thanks Michi, yes I have tried this already with no success

• victorp.sg
    victorp.sg Member Posts: 125 Advisor

Did you install or update anything else when you upgrade your Kontakt 7 Player to the full version? When you said it kept crashing, how did it crash, and what are the error messages?

For your information, Kontakt 7 Player and Kontakt 7 Full version are one and the same software; it is the License Code that tells it whether to run in Player mode or Full version mode.

• Lowtech

Thanks for the info. The only other thing I did was installed Kontakt factory library 2 from NI access. I'll try removing very bit of Kontakt from the system and start over to see if that helps.

This discussion has been closed.