Where do I send my m32 for repair of a knob?

GregSteel
GregSteel Member Posts: 6 Member
edited 9:22AM in Komplete Kontrol

Hi I'm totally blind and I bought the komplete kontrol m32 last Sunday. I got it up and running and everything registered. Last night I was ttweaking a sound with knob 1 on the controller and The knob started to get very hard to turn and it prety much broke. Where do I send it to for repair?

Best Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 11,830 mod
    Answer ✓

@GregSteel you contacted our hardware service, my colleagues will get back to you as soon as possible.

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

@GregSteel Apparently my colleagues had read the date wrong. Your device is still under warranty and is being in the process of getting fixed or replaced.

Answers

• mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,622 mod

If it's a new purchase I'd expect it to be a swap-out warranty replacement. Normally I'd suggest using the product support chatbot that you can find here - https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/categories/360000053737-Product-Support but I'm not sure how screen-reader friendly that is. @Jeremy_NI might be able to help if you have problems there.

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

@GregSteel you contacted our hardware service, my colleagues will get back to you as soon as possible.

• GregSteel

Hey guys thanks for the replies Here is the reply that I got this morning. I'm quite bumbed. They said that my replacement is going to cost $99 for a refirbished one. should that be free since I bought it on the 9th of this month. The keyboard is fine it is just the knob on the far left side that broke

• mykejb

Was it bought new this month? If it was then it should be under warranty. Did you buy from NI or a retailer ?

• GregSteel

Hi,g I did buy it from NI

• mykejb
    edited June 28

@Jeremy_NI Surely this should be a replacement with a new model rather than a $99 charge for a refurb? Maybe there was a misunderstanding somewhere?

• maniacintosh81
    maniacintosh81 Member Posts: 563 Guru

We are talking about a M32. For 99$ you can almost get a new one and keep the old one. And NI really wants to charge 99$ to replace it with a refurbished unit? A month after the original buy? Sounds very wrong to me. As @mykejb stated this should be a free exchange.

• GregSteel

I think it’s quite wrong especially when I bought it on the 9th of this month. It hasn’t even been 30 days.

• GregSteel

Hi so I found out that the pot has frozen on the keyboard so that is why the knob won't turn which is what I thought. I don't want to have to pay $99 to get a refirbished one since I bought it on the 9th of this month. What do I say to reply to my ticket.

• mykejb

Tell them again it was only purchased on the 9th and that you'd expect a brand new unit under warranty. Hopefully @Jeremy_NI or @Mert_NI will be able to take a look and help you out after the weekend.

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

@GregSteel Apparently my colleagues had read the date wrong. Your device is still under warranty and is being in the process of getting fixed or replaced.

• BIF
    BIF Member Posts: 942 Guru

Thank you for double-checking on this one, @Jeremy_NI . A bunch of us were feeling queasy in the stomach until you cleared it up.

• GregSteel

I just got my replacement one yesterday. It’s all good.

This discussion has been closed.