Is it possible to create, save, and load scales with custom notes in Komplete Kontrol with a MK3?

spencerdog
spencerdog Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited October 22 in Komplete Kontrol

The manual does not document that is possible but both ChatGPT and ClaudeAI think it is possible with MK3 (not MK2). Are the AIs correct or hallucinating?

I know ~100 scales are provided but there are thousands more useful scale possibilities and I want to be able to create, save, and load those to work with the light guide. Is that possible? Thanks in advance for the answers.

Best Answer

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 4,631 mod
    Answer ✓

AI is not that intelligent, it makes stuff up and this is one example. No custom scales, only some curated ones, this is a long-standing FR

Answers

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 4,631 mod
    Answer ✓

AI is not that intelligent, it makes stuff up and this is one example. No custom scales, only some curated ones, this is a long-standing FR

• spencerdog
    spencerdog Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Thanks, Kymeia,

I'm also a developer so the next thing I'll look at is a way to do it through APIs or scripts. I'm sure it must be possible for NKS developers but I'm guessing hobbyists would not be welcome.

In any event, if NI is listening… we appreciate the scales you provide but anyone who would use them has a >90% of wanting to create, save, and load their own scales. So I consider the scales feature not fully baked.

This discussion has been closed.