Fake free plugin offer

DMS DEBAH
DMS DEBAH Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

Here is the message I received from Native Instruments:

A $29.99 voucher for a Plugin Alliance tool.
Thank you for registering Komplete 14. Here's a welcome gift voucher from our friends Plugin Alliance. With this voucher, worth $29.99, you can get software from their range of mixing and mastering effects, amp emulations, synths and more.
Click on the link below, add the product you want to your basket and enter the following code at checkout:

Except that on the Plugin Alliance website, they took 35 euros from my bank account, even though I'd entered the same code as Native Instruments when placing my order. In short, this is not a free plugin as indicated by Native Instruments and Plugin Alliance.

Tagged:

Comments

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,772 mod
    edited June 14

Hello,

A voucher is not a free plugin. It's a discount.

There is absolutely no mention about "free" plugin in the NI message you posted in your comment!
    They offered you 30 euro discount for shopping in Plugin Alliance.
    You obviously bought something that worth 65.
    Thus you paid the remaining 35.
    Simple as that.
    There is nothing "fake" here.
    Next time you should pay better attention on what you read and on the final price before you buy something, instead of complaining in forums and blame others for your own misjudgement.

You also didn't wrote, which plugin it was. Why? Please, let us know the plugin's name, so we can all go and look at its price and see if you are right or wrong. Thank you.

• DMS DEBAH
    DMS DEBAH Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

The advertising I received is in French, not in English, perhaps they making mistake in the translation?

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 4,157 mod

If you think that N.I. promised you something , in French or any other language , that you did not get then you should contact customer support N.I. Account Support or N.I. Purchase Support . They are in charge.

• MrBlueSky1987
    MrBlueSky1987 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

I got the same problem with said mail (mine is in german, cf. picture attached)

literally translated the mail says:
    "For you: Tools by Plugin Alliance worth 29,99$

Thank you for registering Komplete 14. As a welcome present, you receive a $29.99 coupon for products from our partners Plugin Alliance. Choose the right product for yourself: …."

Then, on the second picture you see how Plugin Alliance describes it. It says "Buy Any PA Plugin for $29.99"

which is contradictory to what is said in german in the mail.

On the last picture you see the checkout screen, it clearly states I get the plugin for $29.99 + VAT.

So, I'm on the same side as @DMS DEBAH on this topic. The mail is clear false advertisement.

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,316 Expert

Frankly, I don't really see it as misleading.

In both cases it says that you get a discount voucher worth $29.99 for a single product - which you got. Yes, VAT/Tax is an inconvenience, but you can't expect Plugin Alliance to handle that as well. Everyone has to pay it.

• BIF
    BIF Member Posts: 942 Guru

Well, words are confusing human constructs.

The wording can be misunderstood, yes. It should be wordsmithed and corrected, in my opinion.

But having said that, I will also say that in all my time as an NI customer (all the way back to K1), I have NEVER seen any coupon that would give me a completely free plugin. They have always been discounted prices.