Noire needing 35x library size to install. What are my options?

RKillen
RKillen Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
edited 10:54AM in Native Access

With the Noire library listed at 16Gb, I expected to need up to 4x for install. But it's requiring 560Gb (35x). I planned to get an external drive if I needed it, but I now understand that the local space requirement remains for install, even if the library is stored externally.

Is there a workaround, or do I need to request a refund?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• RKillen
    Answer ✓

***RESOLVED***
    After working with customer service for a bit, an installation expert was able to send me a different install package which worked great. I have already replaced my previous piano in the album I'm working on and I am extremely happy with the results!

Answers

• DunedinDragon
    DunedinDragon Member Posts: 897 Guru
    edited June 14

I don't know where you're getting your numbers but my Noire directory total with all samples is 14.8Gb installed.

• RKillen

Yes. It's not the library size that's the problem. NI cancels the install, saying it needs 552Gb of space to do so. Looking around the net, I'm not the first.

• RKillen
    Answer ✓

***RESOLVED***
    After working with customer service for a bit, an installation expert was able to send me a different install package which worked great. I have already replaced my previous piano in the album I'm working on and I am extremely happy with the results!

This discussion has been closed.