Should cc buttons on the A49 already be mapped to Kontact?

russ
russ Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

cc buttons work fine in Komplete Kontrol, just not if I go directly to Kontact (or Reaktor).

They start at cc14 on the A49 left hand knob.

Instructions talk about mapping 3rd party midi devices, so didn't seem to apply.

Thanks!

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

If using Kontakt Standalone, you need to Map CC's to Functions (midi Learn). they are not defined by default (for some libraries "Host Automation" parameters are already mapped). So if you go to the Automation Tab in Kontakt and then select the "Midi Automation" sub tab you can map to controls from there. Note, Midi mappings are not Global, you would need to set up each individual instrument.

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

If using Kontakt Standalone, you need to Map CC's to Functions (midi Learn). they are not defined by default (for some libraries "Host Automation" parameters are already mapped). So if you go to the Automation Tab in Kontakt and then select the "Midi Automation" sub tab you can map to controls from there. Note, Midi mappings are not Global, you would need to set up each individual instrument.

• russ
    russ Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

Many thanks for the explanation. At least I know I haven't broken something!