Guitar Rig in FL Studio

Matt Whipp
Matt Whipp Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Hi

I have GR 6 on Windows. Installed as an app it works perfectly (although does not record the effect but I'm not sure I expect it to). However run as a plug in in FL Studio it loads but shows no signal running through it. All I hear is a clean guitar sound. I don't have an option in preferences to check the device settings. So a bit lost how to proceed. Any ideas?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

When loaded as an effect plugin in a DAW, the device settings are inherited from the DAW, so you do not see those preference’s. Are you loading it on the track that the audio (Guitar input) is routed too? Since it is an “Effect”, the effect is not recorded by the DAW.

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

When loaded as an effect plugin in a DAW, the device settings are inherited from the DAW, so you do not see those preference’s. Are you loading it on the track that the audio (Guitar input) is routed too? Since it is an “Effect”, the effect is not recorded by the DAW.

• Matt Whipp
    Matt Whipp Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Hmm. thanks yes that makes a lot of sense. I added it first to the playback track as an effect which from what you are saying sounds sensible, then to the recording track (which is not the right thing by the sounds of it). Oh I've just realised what's happened. Every other effect plug in enables itself once you've picked and set it, but for some reason (at least on my set up) it doesn't. You have to manually click the effect enabler on the track. But actually your help has enabled me to isolate where the problem lies. So thank you. I spent a couple of hours trying to work out why it wasn't doing anything!