Issue moving library to external drive

Options
Gerry Carson
Gerry Carson Member Posts: 23 Member

I have just moved my Maschine factory library and expansions onto an external drive. In Native Access, I have relocated the files and this is all fine. However, when I go into Maschine, I cannot see any kits/loops/one shots etc.

I have gone into settings in Maschine and library, then re-scan but this does not pick up the packs. A lot of these still have my internal drive shown as the path. I went in and changed each folder individually and re-scanned. This picked some up but not all.

I then deleted my library and favourites as per the article below, but this has not fixed it. I then came out of Maschine and went back in and the library had reset itself again - nothing showing up and folders showing as internal drive again.

What am I doing wrong?

TIA https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/210277145-My-Maschine-2-Browser-is-Empty-or-Incomplete

Tagged:

Answers

• Gerry Carson
    Gerry Carson Member Posts: 23 Member
    Options

In the end I had to reinstall all my software. There was a setting in NI access settings for the installation folder. I changed this to the external drive and tried building the database again, but this still didn't work. The reinstall worked.

• KangolJedi
    KangolJedi Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Why does NI make this process so difficult. I decided to buy Komplete 14 and wanted to free up my internal drive on my Mac so I did the tedious process of moving everything over and now nothing is working correctly. I followed the instructions and it took hours.

Having to remove everything and reinstall is completely ridiculous.