Reaktor Ensemble image in Maschine+

ozon
ozon Member Posts: 1,301 Expert

I'm currently learning how to build Reaktor Ensembles and how to prepare them for the Maschine+ so that they work and have properly mapped controls. What I do not understand is how to provide an image which is then displayed on the M+ screens, like for the factory provided Ensembles (Carbon 2, Lazerbass, Newscool, Space Drone).

Comments

• Sunborn
    Sunborn Member Posts: 2,241 Expert

Print Screen, or Snip tool... if you are on Windows, use your keyboard buttons, Win+Shift+S

...then select the desired area and save the image as .png 😉

Of course then you need to resize it to the correct dimensions for Maschine

• ozon
    edited May 2022

Thanks, but I know how to make a screenshot 😅

My question is: Where do I place the image into the Ensemble in order to make it appear on the Maschine left screens? I didn't find any hints in the Reaktor documentation for that.

• Flexi
    Flexi Member Posts: 366 Pro

I am guessing here, but I don't think it would go in the ensemble at all, I suspect you need to set it up how you would set up a 3rd party expansion pack to show imagery.

Like I say though, that is just a guess.

• ozon
    edited May 2022

@Flexi it seems you're right!

There are images for all the official Reaktor Ensembles available on MacOS under:

/Users/Shared/NI Resources/image/

For example Carbon 2

/Users/Shared/NI Resources/image/reaktor factory selection r2/carbon 2/MST_plugin.png

So, this can't be fixed for Custom Ensembles on the M+.

I thought the images had to be embedded into the Ensemble similar to the Snapshots.

• Flexi
    Flexi Member Posts: 366 Pro

Some combination of the same naming convention will probably work.

• ozon
    edited May 2022

I tried to add images for a Custom Ensemble under NI Resources/image/reaktor/ and NI Resources/User Content/Reaktor. Both didn’t work.

Anyway, it’s not that important, it would just be nice to have a better visual indication of the loaded Ensemble.

Its one of the many things I wish there was better support to allow custom content to be a first class citizen in the Maschine and KK eco system.