Maschine Mikro MK3 broken pads (FIX) (Updated thread)

Ultraglaed
Ultraglaed Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Hello all,

Decided to take apart my Mikro Mk3 and fix some of the pads that were not working so i figured why not document it heres where i am at now. Currently only the left 4 pads work this i believe is due to a dirty board. I have it opened up here and am currently wiping each one in the same direction with rubbing alchohol sparringly as to not get the board wet. (i know theres grammatical errors and spelling errors ill come back and fix them)

Comments

• Ultraglaed

additional images

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,967 mod

I always cover up my maschine if not in use, i just use a small blanket my wife has made for me. I also cover my A49 too, maybe you should also do it.

Uwe

• Ultraglaed
    edited January 2022

yeah this is due to me lending it to a friend, i try to cover when not in use. Got it back not functioning. Progress so far. firgured id just share

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,967 mod

On the pictures it looks like you friend has poured some coke, liquid or whatever over your maschine, one reason I don't like to lend stuff like that, and if then only to people a absolutely know they treat it like i do. Hope you'll get it all fixed.

Uwe

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited January 2022

😱😱😱 That 100% looks like liquid damage, Coke, coffee, not sure but there's no way in hell that unit came like that from the factory. Hopefully it's not coke since it's quite corrosive.

AFAIK you can use a bunch of isopropyl alcohol, as long as you make sure it's fully dried before you plug it in, just don't use low purity alcohol, some only have like 60% and the rest is water or god knows what... Since this is a pretty bad case I would go the safe route and buy a dedicated electronics cleaning fluid then send your friend the bill.

Good luck!