Kontakt Error Message: "Your version of Kontakt is too old to load this file."

Chong
Chong Member Posts: 69 Member
edited 12:00PM in Kontakt

I'm getting this error on Ableton Liv 11 when dropping a Kontakt 7 instrument onto my track. I found this support page with this exact error but I already have the latest update on Native Access and Kontakt.

And nothing to update in NA.

Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 2,078 Expert
    edited May 19

What Kontakt instrument is giving this message (that you are trying to load) and what version of Kontakt is installed?

And what version of Mac OS?

On Mac - there is/was an ongoing issue with the version of Native Access that was installed - I think you needed to roll back to 3.8.x to get Kontakt current.

VP

• Chong

For now, it seems to be everything in Glaze. I'm running Kontakt 7 version 7.0.11 on Mac OS Sonoma 14.4.1 (23E224).

• Vocalpoint
    Answer ✓

"Kontakt 7 version 7.0.11 "

You certain this is the version?

7.0.xx would be from the original release back on Fall 2022.

The most current version of Kontakt - as of today = 7.10.2

If 7.0.11 IS your installed version - it is very old and this message does make sense.

See here for more..

VP

• Chong
    Answer ✓

Okay, so it seemed that the version of Kontakt 7 from the VST3 folder and AUv2 are different.

The version Kontakt 7 from VST3 folder is 7.0.11 but the Kontakt 7 from AUv2 is 7.10.2 and this version works. The question is, why do I have to different versions in my Ableton Live DAW? Is this a matter if my misconfigured DAW or just the way NI works?

• Vocalpoint

Not a Mac guy (or Ableton) - so I do not have anything to add on why the versions are different.

Clearly an install thing of some sort.

Glad you found the version that does work.

VP

This discussion has been closed.