Kontakt libraries go missing in Kontakt and/or Native Access.

13»

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 11,830 mod

@jef I've just answered you in another thread. Your issue has nothing to do with this thread. Yours seems to be related only to the new browser of Kontakt.eitrher continue the conversation in the other thread or contact support.

• Thomas445
    Thomas445 Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

I understand which situation you are facing.

• Headybiz
    Headybiz Member Posts: 19 Member

Opened current project in Logic only to find NONE of my tracks with NI instruments will play. I use the Komplete Kontrol plugin, and NI instruments beyond just Kontakt. When I open the KK plugin it says my library is empty and I need to scan. Currently scanning but it's taking forever.

Is the solution posted here applicable to my situation or is it only for Kontakt specific issue? My issue is occurring with ANY NI plugin

• yoyoyo
    yoyoyo Member Posts: 28 Member

Solved for me by installing kontakt 7 update……. but these NI issues are getting old! FIX YOUR SHITE!

• siberuang
    siberuang Member Posts: 5 Newcomer

Maybe this is more like a rant but NI, this is crazy. My previous problem was Kontakt 7 player kept crashing in Cubase. Few days ago I upgraded to Komplete 14 ultimate.

I opened an ongoing project yesterday, where I used Kontakt 6, to suddenly see the instruments I used missing. Thankfully I saved the project file as a new one and kept the old one, as after reloading the project the multi is gone. After reloading the backup project file, I pointed Kontakt to the respective instrument folders and they became demo..

The only solution was to install the Kontakt 6 compatible version of the instruments again. Had to download tons of GBs of data.

Also I have another project that uses Irish Harp the same thing happened - the only solution was to replace the NativeAccess.xml with the one provided in one of the threads here.

It's super stressful during deadlines. As a bonus, dear NI, living in a country where using pirated versions is still common, I can see my colleagues who use illegal version of Kontakt gets to have a much smoother experience — no Native Access ****** — it's frustrating that we, the one who decided to buy and use the legal version of your software, gets a much rougher experience with minimum support.

• jef
    jef Member Posts: 23 Member

Just wanted to share here, @Jeremy_NI was probably correct that my issue was a different one, but deleting the Komplete.db3 file and the favourites.db3 file worked for me. (No more favourites but that's better than the alternative!) check step 3 here https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/210277145-My-Maschine-2-Browser-is-Empty-or-Incomplete

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 11,830 mod

I'd recommend that you either create a dedicated post and/or contact our support. The issue detailed in this thread has been fixed with Native Access 3.12.1. Please make sure to install the latest version here: https://www.native-instruments.com/en/specials/native-access-2/

If that doesn't work, please get in touch here: https://bit.ly/NI_support_NA

• mrkmcdnl
    mrkmcdnl Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Deleting the Native Access.xml file from this procedure worked for me . Thanks! Kontakt 6.8 Windows 11. I was missing 4 libraries. Now they are back. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.