Komplete Now replaced by NI 360

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 254 Newcomer
edited May 16 in Komplete General

Komplete Now will be replaced by NI 360, which comes in 3 tiers:

• Essentials - $15/month - 50+ plugins, perfect for those new to music production.
  • Plus - $25/month - 100+ plugins, ideal for seasoned musicians looking to expand their toolkit.
  • Pro - $50/month - 130+ plugins, tailored for professional producers seeking comprehensive access to top-tier instruments and effects

LOL! $50/month? The bean counters at NI are so out of touch with reality.

Tagged:

Comments

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 1,103 Guru
    edited May 7
    Options

"LOL! $50/month? The bean counters at NI are so out of touch with reality"

Well - for the first year anyway - it's cheaper than buying a Komplete Standard license which gives you about the same product mix. But after that - agreed - does not make a lot of sense.

The only thing that I can think of that might tip the scales is if a 360 user suddenly gets instant access to new (er) products (Like say a Glaze 2 or Session Bassist Upright) during their sub whereas I would need to wait to get these (possibly) via a Komplete Version Upgrade some time in the distant future.

I will be sticking with my standard Komplete ULT license.

VP

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,153 Expert
    Options

It says "tailored for professional producers". Professional producers - and I'd assume we're talking about e.g. Grammy winning ones and alike - surely couldn't care less about $600/year. Still cheaper than buying 'Ultimate' or 'Collectors Edition' outright.

Those of us who own any of the Komplete bundles already probably don't care about the Now/360 subscription anyway. We're not the target audience.

It would be interesting to see what plugins are included in each tier, but other than that… 🤷‍♂️

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,311 Expert
    Options

In the meanwhile, at Presonus headquarters:

“Let’s change our subscription model: let’s give them a 1 year subscription for less than what an update will cost them (and less than only 3 months of this NI 360), with access to everything we offer (packs, samples, instruments,…) for one year. And you know what? Let’s even let them keep the perpetual Studio One license with all its effects and instruments at the end of the year if they decide to cancel the subscription”

Yes…definetely NI so out of touch with reality…

• nightjar
    nightjar Member Posts: 1,305 Guru
    edited May 9
    Options

They are all about twice as much as they should be.

$8, $15, $25… would be OK in my book.

• Scoops
    Scoops Member Posts: 54 Member
    Options

Yup, and put on top of that it will not work all of the time

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 3,338 mod
    edited May 7
    Options

Here is the link to the NI 360 FAQ page in case that you don't like the tracking links on other sites .

I utterly 'dis-like' subscription models like that. But rather than being negative then I will say that there is one good thing about it , that is that it will allow people access to , at a price, trying a greater number of N.I. products before they buy any bundles. Including if the products are actually available or not via Native Access .

P.S. Of course then here is the link to the waiting list that I can see that everyone here is eager to sign up on 😋

• Vfold
    Vfold Member Posts: 18 Member
    Options

No Reaktor products even in the most expensive tier…

• Vocalpoint
    Options
  • Vocalpoint
    Options

Nothing wrong with having an opinion. But one man's idea of a "joke" is simply another man's bargain.

If I was a company offering a product at a specific price point that I decided upon - whether it's in line with what users think is fair or what the "other" guys price is - is really neither here nor there.

Buy it if you dig it (pricing or otherwise) or don't buy it. Nothing more to say really.

And if you are already a perpetual license holder - what's the point anyway?

This sub really does not apply to us. (especially when it comes to pricing)

VP

• john parker
    john parker Member Posts: 35 Member
    Options

this is what I came here for. I have to tell you, This kind of thinking makes me confident about staying in the NI ecosystem. This is a company doing right by its, customers. You really can't ask for much more than that.

• MorrisEd
    MorrisEd Member Posts: 86 Helper
    edited May 12
    Options

Why not allow them to pay for a perpetual license over 12 months, then? Why take money from someone who should be saving and give nothing permanent in return? Seems like you are virtue signalling when in fact this is a terrible thing to do to someone without money.

• SF_Green
    SF_Green Member Posts: 27 Member
    Options
  • nightjar
    nightjar Member Posts: 1,305 Guru
    edited May 12
    Options

Cost of a subscription with the equivalent content of Komplete Ultimate should not be more than $25/month.

Consider the pattern of an initial $1200 Komplete Ultimate purchase with a $400 update every two year.

A 6 year period would be $1200 + $400 + $400 = $2000. Divided by 72 months = $27.78/month for an "ownership" position,

Consider that subscription user would not own any NI products after this 6 year period and therefor a subscription cost should be less than that $27.78/month calculation.

So I suggest that any new 360 subscription with a content equivalent of Komplete Ultimate should cost a maximum of $25/month.

And current owners of Komplete Ultimate should be offered a "keep-current" subscription less than the current" ownership" position of $400 every two years. $400 divided by 24 = $16.67/month.

So I suggest a "keep-current" subscription for owners of Komplete Ultimate should cost a maximum of $15/month.

This discussion has been closed.