Invisible CC mapping for a parameter that can't be removed.

Options
cpjofarrell
cpjofarrell Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited May 2022 in Kontakt

Hello average music enjoyers, I would really appreciate if you can help me with the following.

The cut off parameter (in-between Leslie and release) can't be unpaired from CC1. Even though there appears to be nothing assigned, the cut off knob still changes with respect to CC1 changing.

Best Answer

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,023 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

It's by design for v1, I think this is actually scripted response to modwheel. Nothing you can do about it.

Answers

• Brad Yost
    Brad Yost Member Posts: 350 Pro
    edited May 2022
    Options

Are you using Hybrid Keys (v1) or V2.0?

I just loaded both and cannot recreate your issue.

Exactly which patch are you loading?

Also would be useful to know if you're loading it in Komplete Kontrol, or just in Kontakt. (altho the edit MIDI automation is identical in both...)

• cpjofarrell
    cpjofarrell Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options
    • Hybrid keys V1
    • Rotating stack
    • Kontakt

Moog Subsequent 37 being used as a midi controller. It's the mod wheel that won't unpair with CC1.

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Options

I was able to reproduce In V1, it appears that cutoff is assigned to CC1 (Mod wheel) by default and not “Unassignable”. Intentional?, bug? Not sure…

• Brad Yost
    Brad Yost Member Posts: 350 Pro
    Options

OK. I can also reproduce your issue.

And since Hybrid Keys won't let anyone get under the hood (gear icon), it appears impossible to change that assignment in Kontakt.

Interesting to note that I can change the MW on my Komplete Kontrol keyboard to any CC# in that patch.

Sorry I couldn't help.

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,023 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

It's by design for v1, I think this is actually scripted response to modwheel. Nothing you can do about it.