ScanPluginsApp Excessive Load Times Workaround

Options
Brandon Mozzetti
Brandon Mozzetti Member Posts: 9 Member

Hi everyone, I noticed in the recent Maschine update discussion forum, that a fair amount of people are noticing either Maschine or Komplete Kontrol taking excessive amounts of time to start up, due to the "ScanPluginsApp" scouring your file base for vsts, sometimes getting stuck scanning some 3rd party VSTs...

I have a VERY SIMPLE SOLUTION (workaround) for you, that I came across on youtube -

Instructions:

Go to "this PC" > program files > common files > native instruments > maschine (and/or komplete kontrol)

Within this folder, you will see the "ScanPluginsApp". This is what's running automatically every time you start your music program...

Thing is, it's only necessary whenever you add new plugins. Other than that, it should be turned off. Here's how -

• Create a new folder. A relevant name like "scanplugins app" is most appropriate.
  • Drag and drop the ScanPluginsApp into the new folder (admin access required, allow)
  • Start your music software and enjoy the fastest startup you've seen in years!
  • Simply pull the program out of the folder anytime you need to scan for newly added plugins.

Hope this helps.

-Bmo

Comments

• trusampler
    trusampler Member Posts: 76 Helper
    Options

NI are completely aware of these issues, and hve been for several years now. Tons of users have left NI for these on going aggravating issues. NI used to be a leader in the audio industry. Issues like this, have made them that laughing stock of the plugin world now. They simply can't get anything right,after losing several talented developers.

This request is several years old now , but NI cannot seem to cide anymore, such a simple feature request,but they don't have the developers now to take on such a task apparently. ;)

• Brandon Mozzetti
    Brandon Mozzetti Member Posts: 9 Member
    edited May 7
    Options

I feel that. Hopefully they step their game up.