Can I get some help installing S4 MK3? Mac/air M3, Sonoma 14.3

Options
Freundin
Freundin Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

Hi there, I am still trying to solve my first problem….I am a beginner in a way. I´ve installed Traktor Pro 3, but it is absolutely not possible to run my S4 MK3.

NI HardwareAgent is damaged, my Mac says, Hardware Controller is not running…even when I reinstall everything.

I had a Macbook Pro, 2010, Sierra, X1 Mk2, Z1…., but that is not working any longer, so…I decided to buy better stuff. Here I am, almost desperated.

I am very thankful for any help.

Best Answer

• maniacintosh81
    maniacintosh81 Member Posts: 48 Helper
    Answer ✓
    Options

I really have no clue, something must gone wrong during installation of Native Access and/or Traktor. I expect with reinstall you mean uninstall all Native Instruments software first and then attempt a new installation?

I am not sure anymore If I had to confirm some extensions in system settings on my Macs during installation of Native Access or Traktor (it is some time back). Missing this on first installation attempt is sometimes a problem if you install software with system extensions.

Sonoma 14.3 is not the current version of macOS. 14.4.1 is the most recent version. Have it on my Apple Silicon Macs and have no issues with Traktor Pro (but hadn't had them with 14.3 either). Would try updating macOS first. And reinstall Native Access and Traktor once again. If this doesn't help I would consider to reset the Mac to factory settings and start over setting the machine up completely from scratch.

As written in the other thread: Works on my M3 generation Mac. Therefore I don't expect a general problem here.

Your S4 Mk3 is new too? If yes: Do you have a chance to test it with another computer? Maybe something is wrong with your S4? If no: Did it work with your old Mac?

Answers

• maniacintosh81
    Answer ✓
    Options

I really have no clue, something must gone wrong during installation of Native Access and/or Traktor. I expect with reinstall you mean uninstall all Native Instruments software first and then attempt a new installation?

I am not sure anymore If I had to confirm some extensions in system settings on my Macs during installation of Native Access or Traktor (it is some time back). Missing this on first installation attempt is sometimes a problem if you install software with system extensions.

Sonoma 14.3 is not the current version of macOS. 14.4.1 is the most recent version. Have it on my Apple Silicon Macs and have no issues with Traktor Pro (but hadn't had them with 14.3 either). Would try updating macOS first. And reinstall Native Access and Traktor once again. If this doesn't help I would consider to reset the Mac to factory settings and start over setting the machine up completely from scratch.

As written in the other thread: Works on my M3 generation Mac. Therefore I don't expect a general problem here.

Your S4 Mk3 is new too? If yes: Do you have a chance to test it with another computer? Maybe something is wrong with your S4? If no: Did it work with your old Mac?

• Freundin
    Freundin Member Posts: 4 Newcomer
    Options

YES!!!! Thank you so much! First time I reinstalled Controller Editor only, cause that seemed to be the problem. This time uninstalling ALL (old and fresh) Native software…and start from beginning.

Still have Sonoma 14.3 , it works, but good to know 14.4.1 is working also.

Thanks for support!

• maniacintosh81
    Options

Glad it worked out now. Have fun with your S4 and your new MacBook.