How much longer for MIDI Templates?

Options
laserbeak
laserbeak Member Posts: 149 Helper

Hi,

Any updates on MIDI Templates?

Any news at all would be appreciated. I know it's likely I've missed something, somewhere.

Comments

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 3,324 mod
    Options

I know it's likely I've missed something, somewhere.

No , probably not. Latest news from Matthew_NI on that as far as I know still is that the team is focusing all strength into getting MIDI Templates and Play Assist finished :

Quote Matthew_NI April 2 : We decided last week... <Snip>... to focus all strength on MIDI Templates and Play Assist,

• Beatsandmore
    Beatsandmore Member Posts: 10 Member
    Options

I know they are testing but they should just put out any update.. there will always be bugs from all updates.. addressing needs for mk3 hardware is a must with tho like myself bought day one.. so far I'm extremely disappointed 😞

• Keith Cocker
    Keith Cocker Member Posts: 122 Advisor
    Options

And you will be even more disappointed if "any update" comes with problems that could have been caught! I'm happy to wait.

• MorrisEd
    MorrisEd Member Posts: 86 Helper
    Options

Yes, they punted the also long overdue accessibility features to focus on midi templates. Why do you think they had to do this? It’s probably not because things are going well imo. In other words, don’t hold your breath for a release. Projects only get delayed for a handful of reasons and none are good reasons.

• laserbeak
    edited May 5
    Options

Last update being on April 2nd is better than March 2nd. I'll take it (monthly update or something would be nice).

• PoorFellow
    edited May 6
    Options

Just in : Quote Matthew_NI , May 6th , 2024

At ´Duffcat , I had posted elsewhere - we paused Accessibility to focus fully on MIDI Templates, so that we could get it out ASAP. It's pretty much the one team's only focus in May and would hopefully land in beta in that time also.

• laserbeak
    Options

I almost want to apply for a part-time job here to give NI a hand.

Thanks for sharing, @PoorFellow

• PoorFellow
    Options

I almost want to apply for a part-time job here to give NI a hand.

Me too , I would like to be a sidekick to either Hayo_NI or Matthew_NI , but alas people like them don't want or have the time to have poorly educated poor folks like me as sidekicks , so all I could hope for would be to maybe get hired as waterboy 🤣

• Richard Vetro
    Richard Vetro Member Posts: 15 Member
    Options

Not to worry, problem will be solved at the release of Kontrol MK4.

In the mean time we all just need to find alternative solutions.

I have an actual midi controller set up to control Cubase. It's called a Nektar P1. It does 1 job Midi Control.

It's ten years old… and works 100% better the the MK3 as a midi/Daw controller.

Once NI fixes the issue, then I will remove it.

Nektar saves the day again.

• laserbeak
    Options

Looks like MIDI Templates will add channel selection. That will be SOOOO useful. It would definitely minimize the size of my orchestral templates.