Maschine crashing Logic Pro or Ableton after closing the AU plug-in and hitting a pad. (MAS2-29826)

basso rubner
basso rubner Member Posts: 9 Member
edited 10:53AM in Maschine

When using Maschine in Logic Pro it crashes regularly. Full Disk Access is given.

Any idea what to do ?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 11,830 mod
    edited June 14 Answer ✓

Hey there, regarding crashes, more info on how exactly the crash happens can be helpful. Please describe step by step the events leading to the crash. Is it crashing when the Maschine controller is connected, when it isn't, both, operating system, etc…

Also always check if Maschine in standalone is also crashing and follow these steps: Maschine Crashes

If the crashes still occur then get in touch with our support here: https://bit.ly/NI_support_maschine

Answers

• basso rubner

Everytime I use a Maschine Pad, the whole Logic Project crashes ! It´s impossible to use - I have to kick out Maschine from this score project-******

• basso rubner

Please help !!!

• TheRealJonSmith
    TheRealJonSmith Member Posts: 2 Member

Same. Unusable. Please help. Thank you.

• kipper
    kipper Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Same here. Any time the maschine window is closed and I hit a pad it crashes. Logic 10.8.1 Maschine plus. Sonoma 14.1.1 m2 ultra. I've used this maschine logic combo for years and it's really frustrating that I can't work right now becuse of this bug. Any help is appreciated. I've tried in native, rosetta, downgrading logic, downgrading maschine, updating both etc.

• apsande
    apsande Member Posts: 11 Member

See below also. An update to Logic Pro went out yesterday, but I haven't tried it yet, but it seems to affect any Daw when you use the au plugin. The VST3 plugin seems stable

• b-righteous
    b-righteous Member Posts: 25 Helper
    edited June 7

Sonoma 14.x has known crashing and kernel panic issues affecting Kontakt and others. Sonoma 14.5 fixes it. Also, I see you are on Logic 10 but you may want to consider updating to latest logic 11 as stated above. Last, be sure to update Kontakt to 7.10.5

• Bynoe
    Bynoe Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

Same thing happening to me. Ive posted the problem in another thread. Complete showstopper.

• Jeremy_NI
    edited June 14 Answer ✓

Hey there, regarding crashes, more info on how exactly the crash happens can be helpful. Please describe step by step the events leading to the crash. Is it crashing when the Maschine controller is connected, when it isn't, both, operating system, etc…

Also always check if Maschine in standalone is also crashing and follow these steps: Maschine Crashes

If the crashes still occur then get in touch with our support here: https://bit.ly/NI_support_maschine

• Maciej Repetowski
    Maciej Repetowski Member Posts: 665 Guru
    edited June 15

If that helps:

Mac mini Intel i7, 64GB Ram, Sonoma 14.5, Logic Pro 11.01, latest Maschine as a plugin - no crashes, works normally.

Addition: I don’t have Maschine controller so maybe that’s why it doesn’t crash.

• Hagen Kaiser
    Hagen Kaiser Member Posts: 5 Member

If I load an Instrument Sound or whatever into Maschine while Logic is playing and then Im pressing the first pad it crashes reproducibly. however If I stop playback and the load the new sounds everything works fine

• Bynoe

The crash for me can be replicated as follows. 

1.  Open Logic or Ableton

2.  Add Maschine as an AU plugin

3.  Browse a group and load it

4.  Everything fine so far I can play the pads on Maschine hardware

5.  Close the Au plugin

6.  Hit a pad on the Machine Hardware and the DAW crashes. 

This does not happen with the VST plugin in Ableton nor does it happen when run without the hardware or standalone. 

MacBook Pro sonomo 14.5, logic 11.0.1, latest Maschine software, M+. All software running the latest versions.

I have submitted a support ticket.

• Jeremy_NI
    edited June 17

@Bynoe @Hagen Kaiser I can reproduce the bug, bug number is MAS2-29826. Forwarding it to the devs. Thanks for flagging it.

• Bynoe

Thanks @Jeremy_NI I have also sent a video clip of the bug to support. Hopefully we can see a fix soon. 👍️

This discussion has been closed.